Sign in to follow this  
damian03

AI Traffic Interation

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

was a long time ago when I used RC (changed over to ProATC/X before discovering Pilot2ATC).

I'm surprised you never used VOXATC. I too would use P2ATC exclusively if it could control and communicate with AI traffic. But after spending a lot of time analyzing how VOXATC works, I realized how complicated a task that really is. The only hope is someone purchasing the rights to the VOXATC codebase, I'm afraid.

Edited by jabloomf1230

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm surprised you never used VOXATC.

I tried it and never liked it.

When I tried it it was very GA / light aircraft oriented. I didn't think it suited airliners. And the problem with using its own traffic is surely the lack of variety for each area? Does it now supply as much traffic, for instance, as MyTraffic or UTLive?  Where are its models from?  I like my airports to be bustling.

The other problem would be taking all displays off the P3D4 screen (I use a 210 degree FOV curved screen with 3 projectors -- for the scenery only, nothing else). With Pilot2ATC I need no displays, but i do have its conversation text output displayed dynamically in my cockpit, on a small screen to one side. This was thanks to Dave kindly adding the option for its output going continuously to a text file.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I dont know when you tried it but it sure is not GA oriented anymore if it ever was. Supports SID/STAR and there is no lack of varied traffic either. In fact VoxATC picks up traffic from you BGL files and base its traffic on that, so every airline found in them will be used as traffic in VoxATC. In other words full of KLM in the Netherlands, Lufthansa in Germany and British Airways in the UK :)  

Edited by mikced76

I hope and guess that the future day Pilot2ATC will be able to communicate with and control AI Traffic, it will be the one-and-only solution for nearly all flight simmers who wants to talk naturally to ATC and will get a superseller! :) Hope dies last!

• Like 2

I am using UTLive in P3dV4 with Pilot2ATC. On almost any attempted flight ground gives me taxi instructions that put me on a collision course with other aircraft. Is my only solution to this to turn off UTLive?

No.

You can check the "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option on the FltPln tab of config.  Then determine which runway UTLive has as the active and set the Runway at the Departure airport to that runway in the SID window, or plan a SID from that runway.  P2A will then use that runway for departure.

Dave

On 7/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, bonanza said:

This combination of both ATC programs works great for me in a networked environment with Pilot2ATC via FSUIPC on the same client as Pro-ATC/X and ASP4 via Simconnect 😊
Additionally I’ll test and report if the Pilot2ATC flightplan in Pro-ATC/X is maybe unnecessary because UTlive AI traffic should be controlled in every case...

Best regards

Bon

Hi bonanza,

I be tried this. Load the flight plan in both pilot2atc and proatcx. In proatcx I start it but do not call clearance. It works as I interact with ground from pilot2atc and get chat with ui trough proatcx. Voices overlap , but that is not so bad. The main problem is when I takeoff, proatcx bitches for me to abort landing. How do you setup proatcx? Does it still work for you?

Vincent

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, bonanza said:

I hope and guess that the future day Pilot2ATC will be able to communicate with and control AI Traffic

for mine, i see that as (hopefully) possible in the near term ..... with less "development" than a control feature.

AI control by P2A seems a tad unnecessary given the options pete dowson is evolving & may or may not integrate well with AI engine (plans / liveries etc.) alternatives .... the Vox AI engine does a reasonable job of ground control but doesn't in my opinion properly translate up to date AIFP traffic.bgl's.  

& yes, i am neither a fan nor user of "atc chatter" files that don't remotely resemble what one sees out the cockpit window !

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

5 hours ago, vadriver said:

. the Vox AI engine does a reasonable job of ground control but doesn't in my opinion properly translate up to date AIFP traffic.bgl's.  

Actually, VOXATC 7.42 does properly translate AIFP traffic BGL files.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

VOXATC 7.42 does properly translate AIFP traffic BGL files

bingo .... just realised / saw the update & yes it "does".

thanks jay.

for now, cheers

john martin

I just deleted VoxAtc and installed Pilot2ATC again just to try something else again....

Is there any news on the actual Air Traffic Control? Because already twice I was cleared for takeoff crashed into other planes!

There is a lot of good stuff with the software but it is more a Radio Telefony simulator then a Air Traffic Control since there is no control at all!

Edited by rob0203