Sign in to follow this  
Roudy Abdallah

PMDG 777 weather radar

Hi, I recently bought the PMDG777 and when I finally got it to work, I took the airplane out for a flight in terrible rainy weather going from OMDB's RWY30L.

I pressed the WXR button on the MCP. and then on the pedestal, I pressed AUTO, the L/R button (or whatever it is called), the WX+T button and then I turned the gain knob all the way to the right and starting turning the range knob right and left only to find out that nothing has changed on my display. It was still black.

I read some things about the FSUIPC.ini file and just like people suggested, I moved it to a temporary folder to see if that would work but nothing changed.

Best Regards, AbdulRahman.

what weather  program  have  you got

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, Roudy Abdallah said:

I need a weather program for it?

Yes  you need  a weather  addon  for  the radar  to work, at this stage  only  hifi   active  sky  works

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

errr  yes  you do  how  else  you expect it  to  work, only  weather  addon that  works  is  active  sky with pmdg  addons

In the beginning, I was gonna buy a weather radar but apparently, some people got it working without it.

Thanl you for your help.

Just now, Roudy Abdallah said:

In the beginning, I was gonna buy a weather radar but apparently, some people got it working without it.

Thanl you for your help.

apparently  some  people,  be  interesting  to find  out  how

Peter kelberg

FYI, ActiveSky is on sale at Simmarket for 30% off I beleive, might be a good time to pick it up!

15 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

FYI, ActiveSky is on sale at Simmarket for 30% off I beleive, might be a good time to pick it up!

Thank you but I already bought it.

Now I have another problem: With ASN on, FSX crashes mid-flight. When it's off, everything works just fine.

11 hours ago, Roudy Abdallah said:

Thank you but I already bought it.

Now I have another problem: With ASN on, FSX crashes mid-flight. When it's off, everything works just fine.

post you issue  at the hifi  forum where  you will get  your  issue  fixed

Peter kelberg