Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

QualityWings status update posted; 146, 757 coming to P3D v4!

27 minutes ago, Boomer said:

You must have access to the members area of the LDS forums. 

Ah.

I miss their 146, glad it's coming back to P3D V4 ... all good news.

Cheers, Rob.

It's a shame about the 757 port to P3D4.  I always thought their original FSX version was bit too light in the systems, again keeping in mind that was their business strategy in the beginning.  I was hoping for a little more in-depth simulation, but it's still an instant buy for me.  Fingers crossed for some type of multi crew support.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

They weren't.  It took a bazillion years.

Hey Erich,

I think they are rushing to get the 757 out before CS releases theirs for P3dv4.   Maybe trying to return the favor when CS trumped them to the 757 FSX release.

They were steadfast in their statements that no other project takes priority over getting the 787 stable in FSX and then getting it out for P3dV4.  Of course that was before CS started showing they were developing the 757 for V4.  :wink:

Competition, you have got to love it!  Let's see who's gonna' be the 1st to get a 757 in V4....should be interesting to see if LevelD makes a sudden announcement on how close they are to their decades-in-development 757.

Competition, it lights the fire under devs who think they have a monopoly on the market and they can just drag their feet on production and expect all their customers to wait for them to finish at their leisure. :biggrin:

• Upvote 7

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

28 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

They were steadfast in their statements that no other project takes priority over getting the 787 stable in FSX and then getting it out for P3dV4.  Of course that was before CS started showing they were developing the 757 for V4.  :wink:

Good Call. QW says one thing and does another. From there post there not planning to make any system updates, just a few tweaks to work in V4.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Good Call. QW says one thing and does another. From there post there not planning to make any system updates, just a few tweaks to work in V4.

Hey Dan...I have no issue with a developer forecasting the market and making adjustments to their release schedule, in fact it would be very short-sighted of QW to let CS have the 757 initial market (and the initial market is by far the most lucrative), especially since their version was well-received by the community.  Best to throw a 757 out there as fast as possible and see what sales they can drag in.

I'll be willing to bet they converted the 757 when V4 1st came out just to see what they had left to develop.  Seeing no rush by the other Devs to get their 757 to market, they sat on it and focused on the 787 (a very logical move). 

Now, when CS is casting their line into the 757 V4 pond, QW did not want them catching all the really hungry fish (read: the ones who've got to have a 757 to fly in V4 NOW) while they were still putting bait on their hook (love the fishing reference? hehe).  So here we are...seeing them hastily baiting their hook and throwing the old, straight-port version into the 757 V4 pond to see if they can catch those fish first.  Of course they mention that they'd have to make some updates to get it to fully work in V4, but nothing really of a re-do and enhanced features we know V4 can offer.

So, to my eyes, this is solely a market-positioning move by them, otherwise... if they were not pressured to get some kinda' 757 out there, we'd most likely see absolutely no news of it, and they'd stay with their 787 FSX stable, then V4 release map for now...and after the 787 V4 release they'd revisit their older products and see how hard it would be to get them into V4.

Good move for them, good news for the simmers wanting a 757 in V4...jury is still out on what kind of 757 we'll get from either Dev,

I just hope both will eventually focus on systems fidelity, stability and good performance vs eye-candy and a cute little flight attendant at the door. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

56 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Erich,

I think they are rushing to get the 757 out before CS releases theirs for P3dv4.   Maybe trying to return the favor when CS trumped them to the 757 FSX release.

Competition, you have got to love it!  Let's see who's gonna' be the 1st to get a 757 in V4....should be interesting to see if LevelD makes a sudden announcement on how close they are to their decades-in-development 757.

Competition, it lights the fire under devs who think they have a monopoly on the market and they can just drag their feet on production and expect all their customers to wait for them to finish at their leisure. :biggrin:

LOL, you don't have to rush very fast to beat CS to the market these days. But I have to agree, competition is good. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

QW's 757 is no competition, it's far too light on the systems side. The outside model was better than Captain Sim's, that's what they had. Oh, and the flight model was also nicer, Captain Sim's was too damn light for an aicraft weighting as much as a 757.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

14 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

QW's 757 is no competition, it's far too light on the systems side. The outside model was better than Captain Sim's, that's what they had. Oh, and the flight model was also nicer, Captain Sim's was too damn light for an aicraft weighting as much as a 757.

Funny, I own both the QW 757 & CS 757 and I found the CS a lot nicer flight model. If the QW is just a straight port over to v4 than we know what to expect. Currently the CS 757 appears to be a totally new build so it maybe totally different than the older model.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I sincerely hope CS get their version right, it's the closest to perfection we have. And the 767 too, if LevelD fails to deliver.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11