Sign in to follow this  
zinny

Airac Cycle question before buying

I fly only General Aviation aircraft  with the Flight1 GTN750 Garmin gauge . Along at times using AivlaSoft EFB . I am searching to get good ATC, i normally do not fly online. P3D ver 3

What Airac Cycle would Pilot2ATC come with today and would I not have to get the same cycle for the GTN750 and AivlaSoft or any other software requiring Airac cycle files.

Maybe I am out to lunch on this but would not everything have to match Pilot2ATC cycle so all ATC communications regarding the flight were proper.

Thank you and product looks interesting

Garry

P3D Ver 3

AIRAC data is updated approximately once per month.  Currently, P2A comes bundled with Navigraph cycle 1705 data or NavDataPro 1706 data.  If you have a subscription, or if you purchase a single cycle from one of the data companies, you can update all your AIRAC dependent software to the same cycle.  This is ideal and the only way to have the data consistent.

However, data from one cycle to the next may or may not be vastly different from another.  And the biggest disconnect is usually between the SIM and the AIRAC data.  There are many airports where P3D has runways missing or mis-named. 

So to what extent you keep everything up to date is really a personal choice.  If you fly a lot, the investment in an AIRAC subscription is probably worthwhile.  If not, you might be able to live with some inconsistencies.

Dave

Dave

Sorry to bug you again.

If I recall Navigraph has in the  Airac Cycle 1711 ----Pilot2ATC file. Will this then work and update your program to 1711.

Thanks again, just getting all my ducks in a row, hope to find the 1711 then for the Flight1  GTN750 

Garry

The current AIRAC cycle I believe is still 1713. 

Navigraph provides a unique installer for each program because the data formats are vastly different among programs.  If you have the Pilot2ATC installer, it will likely work.

That's one of the things to test during the trial period.

Dave

I think the real "problem" in this mix is the GTN750. You really cannot update the data in that unless you have a Garmin subscription and even then I believe it is a pain to update. 

I find that the Garmin data is way out of date - X-Plane and Pilot2ATC uses much more recent data. I also fly FSEconomy, and the data in that is different again. So flying all three with the same data is pretty much impossible. One problem is the missing airports - which is a problem with the sim and/or FSEconomy. The other problem is the changing procedures, which as mentioned above is usually pretty small. I find that the answer is to widen the ATC tolerances in P2A so that if a procedure is modified a bit from the version you have in the sim, the chances are it will not be that much off. I move the lateral tolerance from 2km (I think, something like that) to about 20km. That gives you a lot of leeway and is probably too much, but it works.

In all of this, the problem is with the GTN750, not P2A.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

11 hours ago, zinny said:

Great, look forward to using your program

Garry

It is great. I wish I had come across it a long time ago. The voice recognition (at least for me) is remarkable. I had to train it very little (virtually nothing), and it picks up pretty much everything I say. It is a game changer.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Hello kneighbour

Yes upgrade for GTN750 is not as simple as a file download and install. I am now googling for info on maybe installing new Garmin Trainer 6.2 as it has a newer cycle .

I am just unsure of this procedure of do you install over or uninstall old trainer.  Just do not want to loose what I already have .  anyway you are dead on and i will be using P2ATC

Thanks 

Garry