Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

AEROSOFT TWIN OTTER (TWOTTER)

I'll add to the recommendations Dan.  I'm flying it a lot for my VA in the Scottish Highlands right now.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

The TSS Soundpack is great :)

It doesn't work in P3DV4 as I've just found out :(

23 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Yeah, I noted earlier in this thread it is available for P3Dv2 only.  Right now I'm looking for repaints suitable for P3D.  I don't think an FSX repaint will work.

Hi Dan,

I blew another £5 on the Sonic set to see if they would work, but alas no.  I have emailed the author, he seemed a friendly guy.

I just dropped your Aero club a member app :)

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Hi Dan,

I blew another £5 on the Sonic set to see if they would work, but alas no.  I have emailed the author, he seemed a friendly guy.

I just dropped your Aero club a member app :)

Hummm, odd.  It hasn't shown up yet.  I've sent you a PM.   

2 hours ago, woodhick said:

Yeah, I noted earlier in this thread it is available for P3Dv2 only.  Right now I'm looking for repaints suitable for P3D.  I don't think an FSX repaint will work.

I just installed this reprint as I like flying around the Caribbean.   Works fine in P3Dv4.

IMG_0692.png

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2178-winair-pj-wii/

• Upvote 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

4 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

hmmm. The TSS works fine on my end.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

16 hours ago, woodhick said:

Yeah, I noted earlier in this thread it is available for P3Dv2 only

I am presuming this is a question of installers only. These are just replacement sounds, after all. You might look at the Sonic Solutions DC3 sound pack - not because it's suitable for the Twin Otter, but because if memory serves there are instructions for installing this pack into the Aerosoft Catalina instead of the DC3. These instructions will help you understand where to put the sound files.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

12 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

hmmm. The TSS works fine on my end.

I'd appreciate you telling me how you did it Keem.  I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions as written.  As soon as the Twotter started to load the sim crashed.  We are talking P3D v4.2 ?

@Mark - I tried the Sonic sounds as well.  No joy either.

34 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

I'd appreciate you telling me how you did it Keem.  I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions as written.  As soon as the Twotter started to load the sim crashed.  We are talking P3D v4.2 ?

@Mark - I tried the Sonic sounds as well.  No joy either.

Yup I am on v4.1.

Steps I did:

1. Rename the old sound folder to sound.org

2. Copy the ASC_twotter folder of sound.org to the TSS sound folder.

3. Copy the files of the TSS ASC_twotter folder into your new sound folder ( this replaces 6 files of the old asc_twotter folder)

4. Transfer the entire TSS folder to the plane directory

Maybe you are overwriting the old sound folder with the new one? This wont work I think because TSS uses a different naming scheme with their sound files.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

That did it Keem.  I must have overwritten as you said.

Thanks and HNY.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2017 at 0:39 PM, woodhick said:

I think they all work

nothing changed for the model that I can see.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think they all work

nothing changed for the model that I can see.

I have 4 liveries installed for it so yes they do, just like pretty much all our addon aircraft updated for V4, the liveries work just fine. Same for the PMDG NGX, Majestic Q400 and any Carenado bird you may have.