Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

VRS Superbug for v4 is out!

Picked her up a couple of days ago. She's a pretty sweet ride!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I have purchased the VRS Super bug and the TacPack for P3dv4. A superb add on!

My goodness what a simulation! Even if your not combat orientated (you may be after seeing what this can do) the avionics simulated are quite stunning. 

The on board ability to program waypoints, fly pre loaded waypoints, flight plans designed in PFPX/Simbrief loaded in to Prepared, Tacan/VOR, even mobile Tacan on board your aircraft carrier....:cool: Complete with moving colour map, airspace overlays, synthetic radar with x3 levels of magnification. Terrain aviodance radar. Sea radar and air to air radar with multi modes.

I have used DCS for a long time and I can honestly say the VRS Superbug is equal to and possibly exceeds the functionality of their A10c. Previously an aircraft high on my top of the range list. When they eventually release their FA/18, I wonder how it will compare? No need to wait, you can have one now!

The icing on the cake being I can fly anywhere in the world, with real weather and Ultimate Traffic Live.

Oh and you can actually refuel from an airbourn tanker, as many times as you like and do that round the world trip, safe in the knowledge that if any hostile aircraft gets in your way, they will not stop you!:biggrin:

Worth every penny!

Best regards

David

• Upvote 3

Not to mention, my frame rates with the superbug are phenomenal. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I just bought it and I'm really looking forward to trying it out (not that I can fly it yet).

I'll have a lot of reading to do to learn this aircraft.  I might go ahead and have the manual printed and bound to make it easier.  It's so hard to read .pdf files for long periods.

Like everyone, I've waited soooo long to have this VRS fighter in a 64bit sim.

I wonder if I can fly this for American Airlines Virtual? 

2 hours ago, bills511 said:

Ready to roll. Just have to get acquainted with her.

http://2017-12-29_16-43-36-682.jpg

Just let them fire you off of that deck....you'll get acquainted pretty quick :ampun:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I just bought it and I'm really looking forward to trying it out (not that I can fly it yet).

I'll have a lot of reading to do to learn this aircraft.  I might go ahead and have the manual printed and bound to make it easier.  It's so hard to read .pdf files for long periods.

Like everyone, I've waited soooo long to have this VRS fighter in a 64bit sim.

I wonder if I can fly this for American Airlines Virtual? 

The irony of the Superbug is that it is a relatively easy sim (and in real life, aircraft) to fly. The flight control system and what is known as the 1g logic makes for very low effort pilotage. However, the complexity of the navigation, sensor and weapons systems definitely counterbalance the ease of flight.

• Upvote 1

And thats a good thing because in combat there is more to do than just fly the aircraft.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, bills511 said:

Ready to roll. Just have to get acquainted with her.

Where did you get CVN  65 from?  Can you post a link? Thanks

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, zap737 said:

Thanks.Looking at those links it seems it is not fully compatible with P3D V4 yet.

It works fine in P3D v4. I use the add-on.xml method. Also use aicarriers.

Only problem is this not a combat simming platform, not even with fsx@war as there is no enemy AI to fight.

Also, items like the CVs are not being actively improved.

Good product but with serious caveats.

spacer.png