Sign in to follow this  

I want ro like this Program but I cannot load the FMS files into X-Plane.  Sure I can save them into X-Plane FMS folder but they are small (1 - 4 Mb) the flightplans that I load from another planner are 17 - Mb and they work satisfactorily.  Am I missing something, but I cannot see how to save files from Little NavMap any larger.

Anybody got a solution, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has tried this combo?

Thanks

Out of curiosity, what route are you flying that generates a 17 mb FMS file?   Perhaps you mean 17 KB?

I just  did KSEA to SABE on Simbrief and it was only 3kb.  Even after importing into LMN and adding departure and arrival information and saving in both "FMS11.."  or exporting in  "FMS3.." format the size didn't increase by much.

I also copied the route description from Simbrief to LMN and created a flight plan. There were minor differences in the two files, but the file sizes were also in the 3 KB range

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Using LNM version 1.8.4

I made a LNM plan from WSSS to KEWR - 9,295 NM - 140 waypoints

WSSS N0500F280 VTK B338 VMR M771 CH A461 VYK W41 CDY G212 URABI G370 RUNAB B484 BE B240 ENM J179 SQA J501 TED J511 YXY J515 VLR J500 VBI J538 DLH J89 BAE J34 ALPHE J70 JHW J106 STW KEWR

For XP11 FMS the file size is 7 KB - and it loads fine into the XP11 default B747 FMS

For P3Dv4 .PLN the file size is 53 KB - loads fine into the P3Dv4 flight planner

For PMDG .RTE  the file size is 8 KB - loads fine into the 777LR FMS

So, I cant see anything wrong here on my end. 

Thanks guys,

I will dig a little deeper and get back.  You are absolutely right Airnie it is kb and not mb.  Will get back when I'm thinking straight.

Regards

Hi Guys, thanks for your patience.

I have created and saved a flight plan.
When I run X-Plane and load the flight plan the immediate leg of the plan turns magenta.  The plane will fly along the leg if pointed in the right direction, but will not turn onto the next leg.  It just disregards the flight plan but each leg turns magenta as the aircraft is near.
Any ideas would be gladly received.

Regards
Derek

Hi Derek,

OBS or SUSP selected/displayed in the GPS by any chance? This will keep the GPS from advancing to the next leg. Also, is GPS selected for CDI? Check out the GPS PDF manuals included in the X-Plane installation if unsure.

Does this also happen if you build the flight plan in the GPS?

Alex