Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

Some AI Aircraft not showing after FS2004 to FSX Traffic File Conversion

Hi there,

I recently converted my FS2004 Traffic Files to FSX Format. When I used the FS9 Traffic Files with the FS2004 AI Aircraft, in FSX

All AI Aircraft would show on the ground, and in the Air, now not all in the Air, and on the Ground at Aerosoft Mega Airport Brussels for example,

no AI Aircraft other than mine. Is that because the FS2004 Aircraft will need to be converted to FSX Format aswell, when the Traffic files are converted to FSX Format? Therefore why do some FS2004 AI Aircraft still show in the Air ?

Some that show in the Air, are FS2004 Native interestingly. Also can FSX AI Traffic Files, be converted to FS2004 AI Traffic File Format ? Could I convert the default FSX Traffic File trafficBoats.bgl to FS2004 Traffic File Format for example ? and an NL2000V4 Military Traffic File ? Any help and info would be appreciated

Eddie

3 hours ago, eddywinch82 said:

no AI Aircraft other than mine. Is that because the FS2004 Aircraft will need to be converted to FSX Format aswell,

Can't answer the question about converting FSX traffic files to FS2004 since I've never needed it.

However, with regards to aircraft, probably 90% of my aircraft are native FS2004.  Some known issues with propeller transparency which can be worked around, but none with aircraft not showing.

BTW, what do you mean by "no AI other than mine"?  Are you using a 3rd party traffic add on, or the simulators default traffic?

Ernest Pergrem

Have you unchecked Aircraft shadows in FSX? Many FS9 models won't display in FSX otherwise.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

12 hours ago, eddywinch82 said:

Yes Ernest,

I mean 3rd party AI Traffic WOAI etc, I have disabled the default Traffic Files trafficAircraft.bgl and trafficBoats.bgl

It's probably redundant, but did you use AIFP to do the conversion?   if so, have you ran a scan yet to allow AIFP to find all of the FS2004 format traffic files?. 

The conversion should have included the WOAI traffic files since those are all in FS2004 format.

Also make sure that paths to the traffic files didn't inadvertently get changed and they are still pointed to in scenery.cfg and that any of the originals didn't get left behind.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

I have the following Area in my Scenery.cfg File in FSX :-

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Texture_ID=1
Local=Scenery\World
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

However I couldnt find one, in the Scenery.CFG File,

which had Local=Scenery\World\Scenery which as you know is the path, to where the Traffic Files are.

Should I have one, that looks something like this ? :-

[Area.xxx]
Title=AI Traffic Files
Texture_ID=x
Local=Scenery\World\Scenery
Layer=x
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

Thanks for all your help so far

Eddie

Keep looking. If any of your AI airlines have an FS9 flight plan, it will kill all AI (except for the one(s) with an FS9 plan). Somewhere out there, you have one (or a handful of) AI aircraft flying around. 

Use AIFP to find and convert the flight plan(s) to FSX flight plan format. You do not need to convert the aircraft themselves. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 12/30/2017 at 10:48 AM, eddywinch82 said:

Should I have one, that looks something like this ?

Hi Eddie,

No, not necessary. FSX looks for both Scenery & Terrain folders in the specified path, so should find the flight plans.

The next thing I would check is to make sure that there is a SimObjects entry in FSX.CFG that points to the WOAI aircraft.  I don't have any WOAI currently installed, but if the traffic files can't find the airplanes then you'll get no traffic.

Other than that, Without physically seeing your computer I'm stumped.  I would be glad to do a TeamViewer session with you if all else fails.  However, there are more knowledgeable users that I in this forum.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I don't know if this could be a factor, but I also have FS2004 installed on my computer, I was using that very recently. Before I moved over to FSX. I have several folders on my computer Backups etc, with FS2004 Traffic Files in.

Could FS2004 AI Traffic Files, not located in FSX Folders on my computer, be having an influence, in the problem I am having ? Thanks for your help guys.

Eddie