Sign in to follow this  
Pete S

Old PrecipitFX

Hi,

I have an old version of PrecipitFX by "Oldprop Solutions" that I purchased in 2014. Did FSFX take it over and is there is a version of PrecipitFX for Prepar3D v4.1 available?  Is there an upgrade path available to bring my version up to date. The installer version I have is 1.0 dated 9/4/2014 and only installs into FSX.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Hi,

FSFX Packages was always owned by OldProp Solutions.

to update your copy of PrecipitFX, download VFXCentral from our website and install it from there.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

I just downloaded VFXCentral and tried to install it, but it is not recognizing my email for login so I can't finish the install?

What can be wrong? I think I bought the precipitFX directly from you, but can'y be sure. I normaly keep all of my purchased programs together with all the passwords and logins, but can't find anything except the file, which still installs into FSX without any problems. 

Could you check and see if you have any records of the purchase?

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Hi Pete,

I don't have enough information about you to research that but you have to use the same email address you used to install PrecipitFX.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Ok,  I am totally confused. When I click on install "preciptFX installer.exe" I am not asked for my email it just installs.

I am not sure as to what is happening, but it obviously is not right! Sorry if I sound dense, but I am not sure of what is happening.  And it's been years since I messed around with some of this stuff.

Here is what I get when I click on the installer:  

(Hopefully this link works).    https://imgur.com/sr5OdzY  Is this right?

Pete S.

Keven,

Pirated? How can that be? I have never used pirated software, so if you say this one is than I am at a loss.  I've had gremlins in my PC system before, but not buccaneers.

Why would I pirate a $9 program to begin with? It just does'nt make any sense!

I did find an old link to fsfxpackages.com, that I had in my saved folder, and I even had a password, but when I logged in to the site and asked for my account details my email wasn't recognized. So I re-registered and I was able to get the VSXCentral installed, but of course the precipitFX didn't work.

Rather than keep beating this old horse to death I'll go ahead and buy the program again, like I said $9 will not break me!

Thanks for you help........ Stranger things have happened, but there usually was a good explanation!.

Pete S.

If you have an Account, Serial Number, Confirmation ID or any sort of proof of purchase, I'd be more than happy to help you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

10 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

If you have an Account, Serial Number, Confirmation ID or any sort of proof of purchase, I'd be more than happy to help you!

That's OK Keven, thanks,

I'll just go ahead and purchase it, $9 is no big deal. I'll do it tomorrow, it's bed time now..

I have looked for it and never found anything except that old precipitFX folder, and an old link to fsfxpackages.com. I got in over 3 years ago, and I can't even remember what I had for breakfast today. :laugh:   My email and password didn't work so I just re-registered so I can at least install the VFXCentral.

Pete S.