Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Blackhawk B350i Mod v1.0

OK.  I will change the GA mode and send out an update.  It may be a couple of days but I'll get to it eventually. 

The old EFIS B200 is one of my favorites.  I like the HF gear but integrating the GTN isn't very pretty on the 530 displays.  I keep thinking they'll install a PL21 and make us a B250.  After all, they did that with the C90GTX after having an EFIS C90B.

I actually have a Mod in work for the B200 that mirrors the Raisbeck EPIC mod with -52 engines.  I was holding off thinking Carenado would offer a B250 but maybe it's not coming.   

I too am enjoying both the C90 GTX and the 350i so much more now that your mods have been installed.

A mod "in the works" for the B200 --now that really sounds great. Will your mod be similar to Flight1's Super King Air B200? It is modeled with the Blackhawk XP52, the modified PT6A-52 engines. I had this aircraft installed in FSX and enjoyed a lot. It had great performance and climb rate. 

Again, thanks for sharing your work with us.

Hi Bill. The B200 is one of my favorites too. It would be great to have one of your excellent mods to improve the good old EFIS B200 with -52 engines power. Thanks for your outstanding work!

Best Regards,

Roberto

Really enjoying the mods...I do have a question though. I can't seem to adjust the cabin altitude. Is there something I must do first?

With the unmodified 350i version, I have no problem adjusting it.

EDIT: Reread the installation notes and found the reference to the cabin altitude:

"Optional pressurization controller.  Pressurization automatically controlled through autopilot altitude select function.  The pressurization controller is well out of the way in the VC and Carenado did not provide a 2D popup for it."

Includes optional instructions to remove the auto pressurization function. Well done!

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Bill, you're awesome! If I had known earlier you'd been working on a mod for this plane, I'd have bought it before Christmas! :-)

We appreciate the hard work.

On 12/30/2017 at 2:00 AM, whamil77 said:

vUiovWB.jpg

I am in final testing of a modification for the Carenado King Air B350i that emulates the Blackhawk modification to -67A engines.  The airplane is a beast as you can see from their website. 

http://fastestkingair.com/

Climb to FL350 in 18 minutes.....332KTAS at FL280......  And by Blackhawk's own admission those numbers are conservative.  They have not yet published a POH, but they pretty much guarantee the POH numbers will be better than the current marketing numbers.  I have seen some of their data and they are approaching 325KTAS at FL350 and 340KTAS at FL280. 

I could not, of course, put the 5-blade props in the visual model, but the performance is there.

Summary:

1.  Since Carenado failed to put a landing gear position indicator in the airplane, I used open spaces in the lower annunciator panel for the function.

2.  XMLTools engine start sequence and adjusted propeller dynamics.  No more runaway engine and much less abrupt coming in and out of Beta. 

3.  Optional Torque Limiter (fictitious for this airplane).  Some folks like it because it tends to offset the abysmal engine PID controller in FSX/P3D.

4.  Corrected starter/generator functionality. 

5.  Contact points corrected to coincide with visual model.  FDE updated accordingly. 

6.  Blackhawk PT-6-67A performance.

7.  Optional pressurization controller.  Pressurization automatically controlled through autopilot altitude select function.  The pressurization controller is well out of the way in the VC and Carenado did not provide a 2D popup for it. 

8.  Optional throttle and propeller matching algorithm.  With power levers or propeller levers very close together (assumes pilot intends to match levers), the levers are automatically matched anywhere throughout the operating range. 

9. Works with default PL21 or the GTN mod. 

10.  Added clickspots for altitude, heading, course, vertical speed, climb speed.

11.  Added TO/GA button to autopilot VC panel.  Most folks do not have a hardware TO/GA button and the one in the VC is difficult to engage.  While the button is fictitious, it is very convenient and adds a standard functionality to the airplane. 

12.  Flap aerodynamics changed to more accurately simulate real world behavior. 

13. FLC mode now captures selected altitude. 

14. Corrected excess glare in night cockpit textures.   

I am not yet finished with the details but it should be ready within the next couple of weeks or so.  I will send it out to everyone that is already on the mailing list for the C90GTX, C441, 690B, and PA31T.  If you have not previously sent me an email address and would like to try this mod when it's finished, please PM me your email address. 

Happy New Year!

Bill

Hi Bill, please could you send me this! Been waiting for the Blackhawk upgrades for ages! 

Try sending whamil77 a "PM" with your request. Lately he has been responding to requests.

Just sent him a PM, doesn't sound like he checks here very often these days...we all get busy.

I was hoping someone who had the mod would be willing to send it to me...

Rick P

Blackhawk B350i Mod v1.0

Hi everyone.  I recently got the 350 mod from whamil77.  Everything works great.  The only issue I have is that the airplane wants to accelerate on the ground after releasing the parking brake to the point where I can't even slow it down with the brakes.  I'm wondering if my Thrustmaster Hotas throttle and stick might be the culprit here or if there is a setting change I can make to slow the plane down to normal taxi speeds.  I don't use FSUICP, I haven't had very good luck with it in the past.  If anyone could suggest a cause and possible fix, that would be great.

Hi Rick,

When you taxi, do you do so with the mixture levers in "Low Idle"? If not, that will be very helpful in slowing the aircraft down to a manageable taxi speed. Also,what I do is to use "Reverse Thrust" to help manage taxi speed even in Low Idle. I just tap on I believe it is "F2" until the reverse thrust begins to engage. As the aircraft slows down sufficiently, then I tap on F3 to bring throttles back to normal position.

Hope this helps

Ray

This is amazing. Where can I download this? The link above just redirects to this page.

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

If I remember correctly, Bill sent out a link via e-mail to all who requested his mod. You may want to try and "PM" him with your e-mail address. Bill is quite a busy person and at times not too available. It's worth a try!