Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

FATAL ERROR with certain scenery?

On 1/1/2018 at 8:05 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Not being the developer I can only guess but it looks like the error is related to your flight plan. If that doesn't work, zip up the logs, load the zip file  to the cloud and send the link of the zip file via the official VOXATC contact web page.

So I've sent the info off to the dev - no word back yet but may have come across something...If I delete the path to the level d nav data, I no longer get the fatal error.  If I add it back - fatal error.  Im using the latest navdata from navigraph.  Any idea why she doesn't seem to like the nav data?  The AI seem to be getting assigned STARS on clearance as well without issue.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

This may be solved!  Looks like it was related to my flight plans.  I just heard about project fly and simbrief so Im using simbrief now for my flight plans.  Originally all my plans were out of PFPX but I think some of those plans may be out of date causing the issue.  I just had the issue clear after switching to simbrief as it just happened at CLT.  I ran CLT to ATL sucessful and am now going ATL to JFK.  Now well see what happens on a leg out of JFK!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Was PFPX trying to give you a flightplan route inconsistent with current Airac then?

Have you identified the problematic part of the PFPX flightplans?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, pegruder said:

Looks like it was related to my flight plans. 

Good work! I made a lucky guess. You were getting fatal errors from VOXATC under too many unrelated circumstances.

15 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Was PFPX trying to give you a flightplan route inconsistent with current Airac then?

Have you identified the problematic part of the PFPX flightplans?

I haven't tried.  I did run through the route checker and remove a bunch of invalid flight plans.  I want to say some 4000+ were removed?  My fault for not following through with maintenance after updating airac cycles.

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Good work! I made a lucky guess. You were getting fatal errors from VOXATC under too many unrelated circumstances.

Yea, this was the third airport I could reproduce with now so it wasn't adding up.  Thanks for all the help!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

IMO VOXATC easily has the best ATC AI but that is not only a blessing but also a curse. It can be very adamant and unforgiving.

For example, there have been several threads here where users complained about having to ascend to a much higher altitude in order to enter a STAR. But if the user creates a flight plan with a cruise altitude below the STAR entry altitude, that's what VOXATC will demand. It is the Mr. Spock of ATC.

20 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

IMO VOXATC easily has the best ATC AI but that is not only a blessing but also a curse. It can be very adamant and unforgiving.

For example, there have been several threads here where users complained about having to ascend to a much higher altitude in order to enter a STAR. But if the user creates a flight plan with a cruise altitude below the STAR entry altitude, that's what VOXATC will demand. It is the Mr. Spock of ATC.

I've been very happy with it.  With the 'progressive' taxi via the lights and the way it injects and controls ATC it truly is the best.  I love Pilot2ATC as well but thats harder for me to use since I primarily sim in VR now.  Dave's support is also top notch.  If he could add AI traffic injection and some sort of taxi assistance which helps me in VR at unfamiliar airports - Id probably switch back.  While I can import the map and application via FlyInside so its virtually in the cockpit with me, VR resolution isn't quite there yet for an app not designed for it as well as it makes it harder to interact with the app in VR.

Kinda a side question and off topic but do I always have to load the flightplan in the advance flight plan features app of Vox, and check off for No vectors to be able to fly the full procedure?  Right now it usually clears me at first, then always provides vectors to the destination.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

That's how it works for me also. I don't know of an alternative.

49 minutes ago, pegruder said:

Kinda a side question and off topic but do I always have to load the flightplan in the advance flight plan features app of Vox, and check off for No vectors to be able to fly the full procedure?  Right now it usually clears me at first, then always provides vectors to the destination.