Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Speedbrakes deployment sound plays multiple times

11 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Good to hear I'm not alone but strange how some like PerWel above doesn't have this issue although using the same setup we have.

I have not setup my Saitek yoke through FSUIPC. That might be the difference, pure FSX:SE setup.

Per W Sweden

30 minutes ago, PerWel said:

I have not setup my Saitek yoke through FSUIPC. That might be the difference, pure FSX:SE setup.

Thanks for the tip!

Will try to assign the lever in P3D rather than FSUIPC and see what happens.

Richard Åsberg

Well, my setup is done through FSUIPC, and never had any problems...

What i always do, and this is advised also by the developer of FSUIPC (Pete Dowson) is to create a specific profile for the NGX (and all your other planes you fly with), so that the general settings within FSUIPC will not interfere with those of the NGX (and vice versa), a registered version is needed.

May i direct you to this topic (support FSUIPC) where some more explanation is given.

Thanks for the tip but the NGX is the only aircraft I fly so no need for any profiles in my case.

Also to add as Angelo described a couple of posts back, what happens is quite logic and is in fact proof FSUIPC is working the way it's supposed to continuously reading the position of the lever you assigned speed brakes to causing this issue.

For this reason I'm surprised it's working for some of you. Will try to do the assignment via P3D just for fun to see what happens although I can't see how it would do any difference since the logic would be the same only that it will be P3D reading the position of the lever rather than FSUIPC.

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, headley said:

Well, my setup is done through FSUIPC, and never had any problems...

What i always do, and this is advised also by the developer of FSUIPC (Pete Dowson) is to create a specific profile for the NGX (and all your other planes you fly with), so that the general settings within FSUIPC will not interfere with those of the NGX (and vice versa), a registered version is needed.

May i direct you to this topic (support FSUIPC) where some more explanation is given.

I didn't really see anything in the thread that would suggest a workaround for the spoiler extension / deployment. 

Tried assigning spoilers using P3D but for whatever reason that made the lever in the v/c very jittery so I went back to FSUIPC. Of course I first unassigned it in FSUIPC.

Did find an option in FSUIPC though called 'Filter' which I checked to see if that will make any difference. According to the manual it can sometimes help these kind of issues so well shall see.

If this doesn't work I'll just use a button/key instead and learn to live with it. Always lots of compromises within this hobby.

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, Angelo Cosma said:

I didn't really see anything in the thread that would suggest a workaround for the spoiler extension / deployment. 

That thread is more about using profiles within FSUIPC for different aircraft rather than a solution for this particular problem (spoiler extention).

22 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Tried assigning spoilers using P3D but for whatever reason that made the lever in the v/c very jittery so I went back to FSUIPC. Of course I first unassigned it in FSUIPC.

Did find an option in FSUIPC though called 'Filter' which I checked to see if that will make any difference. According to the manual it can sometimes help these kind of issues so well shall see.

If this doesn't work I'll just use a button/key instead and learn to live with it. Always lots of compromises within this hobby.

Mine is solid stable no matter where I set it. No jitter at all. Must be your yoke/stick that have problems.

Per W Sweden

14 minutes ago, PerWel said:

Mine is solid stable no matter where I set it. No jitter at all. Must be your yoke/stick that have problems.

I agree that would be a reasonable explanation. Weird though why I don't have any issues when assigning the very same lever using FSUIPC. Maybe it is thanks to the spike protection provided by FSUIPC that is very effective.

Haven't had time to do another test yet now also with the filter option enabled but hope I will later today/tonight.

Richard Åsberg

Just completed a flight into EDDT with the filter option in FSUIPC checked as mentioned above but still same issue, the spoilers didn't deploy which was also confirmed by FS2Crew so I'll just stick with using a button to arm them instead.

Richard Åsberg

On 2018-01-02 at 9:49 PM, Headley said:

My settings in FSUIPC for the spoiler axis:

39457909231_c074a3d382_z.jpg

In the FSUIPC.ini file it looks like: Spoilers=-16159,16383/16

A safe way indeed is to assign a button to the command "Spoiler/arm".

A quick follow up on this.

Would you care to show me what the axis assignment tab looks like in FSUIPC as well.

Getting tired of using buttons to operate the spoilers so thought I would play with this a bit more and see if I can get it to work. 

Richard Åsberg

I just did a test flight after going back assigning the speed brake lever via FSUIPC again. Just the way I had it before and what do you know...the speed brakes deployed just fine.

No idea how this can be but I'm very pleased and hope it will stay this way.

So at this time, no need for any screenshots but thanks anyway :smile:

Richard Åsberg

...or so I thought...

Yesterday I had the sound playing over and over again after I landed. The spoilers did deploy though also confirmed by the FS2Crew FO.

It was some crosswind meaning I had to crab a bit, not sure if that could have anything to do with this and how you touch down?

Will keep testing...

Richard Åsberg