Sign in to follow this  
Guest Air1

Movie Planes....

Can someone tell me what planes were on the moives "Con Air" and "Flight of the Phoenix (new one)"

C-123 for Conair and the 'Flyin Boxcar' C-119 for the Flight of the Phoenix.

Regarding the Flight of the Phoenix, did you guys know our own Heather Sherman painted Daisuke Yamamoto's C-119 for this movie? She didn't make a big announcement about it. She just uploaded the plane with a short note about it in the readme. Pretty awsome I think! It is avaialble here at Avsim library. Look for phx2k4.zip.Nice going Heather!Earl

I love the C-123 'Provider'. Shame that there is only one available for FS2004 to my knowledge. Its very nice, but I feel its let down by a very poor quality VC...no disrespect intended to the author, I certainly don't have the skills to make a nice model like he has, its just that I think the VC detracts from the package considerably.

Guest Staggerwing

It was a C-82 that was used :-)

Guest Air1

Watch the Special features on the DVD and then watch the movie again with the expert commentary turned on, you will learn a lot. The flyable C-119 was rebuilt from a fire fighter and parts of two others were used. A C-82 could not be found as in the original movie so the C-119 was used.Steve A

Guest Staggerwing

>Watch the Special features on the DVD and then watch the movie again with the expert commentary turned on, you will learn a lot. The flyable C-119 was rebuilt from a fire fighter and parts of two others were used. A C-82 could not be found as in the original movie so the C-119 was used.Steve A<Ooops sorry, I missed his "(the new one)" line and was refering to the original film. The better one IMO :-)

Guest Air1

I must say I liked the first movie better also as far as the story line goes. To bad it cost the live of the great Paul Mantz. They did not try to fly the rebuilt aircraft in the new mivie as it was deamed very unstable. The new movie was a lot more fun thu.Steve A