Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

X-Camera or Pilot-View ?

I seldom use my TIR with X-Plane, but in the last couple of days decided to give X-Camera a try in order to find a way to limit the "head" movements inside of a cockpit.

X-Camera is feature full, but I will not use any of it's excellent stuff for cameras, because that's really not my need in the sim... OTOH I saw Sandy's Pilot View, which is on an old version, but appears to be compatible with XP11 and simpler...

What would you recommend ? Any good / straight / direct tutorial links for setting each of these for TIR are welcome!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What do you mean by limit head movements exactly? I currently use TIR and x camera maybe I can help. 

I have used X-Camera for years and just got an update today.  More features and I, like you, only use a small part of what it will do.  But this version allows the changing of FOV without having to shut down X-Camera to do so.

Mark is always watching these forums for problems and is quick to fix them or to offer advice as to how to use the current features.

I don't think you can lose with X-Camera and will probably use more than you anticipate.

John

John Wingold

Yep, thank you guys - I will probably settle with X-Camera and register it . Does a great job.

@bgpearce01: I meant, when moving my head, not leaving the limits of the cockpit...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Oh yeah there are trackir limits. X camera is a fantastic addon. Definitely should register and donate to the owner if it works out.