Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Advanced Flight Modelling Mooney Ovation ?

Any users around here ?  

Comments ?

https://www.afmsimulation.com/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi,

I have the AFM Mooney. It is currently being sold as an Early Access release. AFM seems to be diligent in updating the aircraft and it flies well. I like to take screen shots and the absence of a pilot from outside views is unrealistic. I suspect this will be changed. Soon I hope.

One advantage to buying now is the "M20R G1000 Update (Free to existing customers)" opportunity. I like the G1000 and is one reason I bought their aircraft..

Jim Morgan

How does it fly and perform? I have no idea what the developer has in mind in charging close to 30 USD for a custom livery, when the early access aircraft is 33 USD.  Is this a REP type aircraft? 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

1 hour ago, jcjimmy said:

One advantage to buying now is the "M20R G1000 Update (Free to existing customers)" opportunity. I like the G1000 and is one reason I bought their aircraft.

Is this their G1000 or the default XP? With Carenado dropping the ball on the F33A in charging full price again for XP11, I am just using the XP10.50+ version as is with REP.  I am interested in getting this one in its place rather than buying the F33A again.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I'd personally skip anything that's got lots of features "coming eventually".

Pay for something that offers what you want when you buy it...that's my mantra at least.

4 hours ago, irrics said:

I'd personally skip anything that's got lots of features "coming eventually".

Pay for something that offers what you want when you buy it...that's my mantra at least.

You are right.  For example I pre-paid for the MilViz B350i.  I received a couple builds then the developer decided to redo the aircraft and that was more than two years ago.  This company is new, so if there are not enough presale the development may drag out forever.  I hope it does not come to that, as the Mooney Ovation II is an aircraft I would like to get.  Let's hope the second poster offers more info than he bought it :mellow:

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

12 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Is this their G1000 or the default XP? With Carenado dropping the ball on the F33A in charging full price again for XP11, I am just using the XP10.50+ version as is with REP.  I am interested in getting this one in its place rather than buying the F33A again.

From reading the AFM forums it will be the default Laminar G1000...  which is pretty dang good for a custom coded avionics simulation... it has its limits for sure though.  It's better than Carenado's G1000 XP option.

I've looked at this Mooney.  It looks interesting... but the nose for some reason, if it's the screenshot angle or what, just doesn't look right at all.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

For example I pre-paid for the MilViz B350i.  I received a couple builds then the developer decided to redo the aircraft and that was more than two years ago.  

I can understand your frustration.  I will say that MV is actively working on a new version... and the ProLine 21 is looking very realistic.  They sometimes have small previews on facebook.  PM me if you don't use FB.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok guys, thanks for all your thoughts - it's better to wait and see indeed :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...