Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

CaptainSim 757 Released!

I don’t think $75 is bad if the quality is there to match the price...I’ll be interested to hear people’s impressions.

Is there a list of available repaints anywhere?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This isn't going to end well, is it.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Repaints for the 757 will only be available from within their airplane manager tool, until someone starts uploading them here or other sites.

23 minutes ago, twincessna340a said:

Per their own press, unlike the previous one it is going to be a PMDG level simulation which would command a PMDG level price....

That bad?

In all seriousness however, the price is steep and it's a very limited product in my eyes. To release a PW only variant, just smacks of their intent to charge extra for an RR equipped -200 at the very least. Of course, let us be realistic and say that an RR equipped bird is more sought after than the equivalent PW. Money, money, money.

Wow, $75 with 3 expansion packs to follow which will prob be priced about $20 i'm guessing. So somewhere in the $130 range for the full package, cant see this one selling too good.

Downloading now. Very slow...Does anyone know if there are any available liveries?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

There is a ton of liveries being made on a special FB CS livery group. Not sure how it will be made available.

Wow 75$ was unexpected when their other packages were starting at 50 or less before.  This is going to command a ton of pressure. You want premium price, you better make sure that this is a high level sim and bugs are taken care of promptly else it will crash and burn.  If they live up to it, it will be a great seller. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

18 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I don’t think $75 is bad if the quality is there to match the price...I’ll be interested to hear people’s impressions.

Is there a list of available repaints anywhere?

Exactly. Wait until the verdict is in and of course it's Beta so some things to iron out I suspect. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I see this as effectively priced *beyond* where PMDG or FSL are, which are both already (IMHO) at the far end of what the addon market can possibly bear. That's because this is an "open beta"/early access release. Even if this is 1) actually PMDG-level on systems and 2) works without bugs (and let's be honest, does anyone actually think either of those will be true while it's still an open beta?), it's still a really high price for early access to a single engine-type and with very limited liveries, etc.

I just don't know what they're thinking here. Maybe they'll surprise all of us and it will be spectacular.

James

2 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I see this as effectively priced *beyond* where PMDG or FSL are, which are both already (IMHO) at the far end of what the addon market can possibly bear. That's because this is an "open beta"/early access release. Even if this is 1) actually PMDG-level on systems and 2) works without bugs (and let's be honest, does anyone actually think either of those will be true while it's still an open beta?), it's still a really high price for early access to a single engine-type and with very limited liveries, etc.

I just don't know what they're thinking here. Maybe they'll surprise all of us and it will be spectacular.

James

It doesn't really matter how good it is in my book. It's far too much of a limited product to justify the cost. So in that vain I agree that the pricing here is beyond PMDG and FSL and where they're sat in the addon pricing stakes. Two developers who in my book already charge too much for their products but that's for another thread.

Here we go again. Pay to beta again.  These [REMOVED]  where the first to start this malarkey 10 years ago or so.  Then BBS, then fsl, then ut2 live. 

In other news now on Chris bells site you can't turn off the option of paying for support.  

How did we get to this.  Now it's the new norm

Edited by Poppet
Profanity removed
  • Upvote 11

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, tooting said:

Here we go again. Pay to beta again.  These buggers where the first to start this malarkey 10 years or so.  Then BBS, then fsl, then ut2 live. 

In other news now on Chris bells site you can't turn off the option of paying for support.  

How did we get to this level of crapolo

For some, having an open beta works well, because you can identify bugs alot faster across a wider range of systems and setups. Chaseplane for example.  Fully transparent that it is beta and Kevin works really well with the community in getting bugs fixed.  If its done like this, its a great way to squash bugs.

For others its just a cash infusion hard to pass up and for everyone of you that complains about it, there will be 100 lining up to buy. Just look at the CS FB page and their forum. All kinds of people answered they would be willing to pay for the beta. 

If CS has turned a new leaf, this is their opportunity and it will be a great seller. If they mess this up, it will be crash and burn. Lets hope for the former. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Here we go again. Pay to beta again.  These buggers where the first to start this malarkey 10 years ago or so.  Then BBS, then fsl, then ut2 live. 

Has FSL (I presume you mean FSLabs?) had a payed beta? I don't recall that - but then again, my memory isn't what it has been... 

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Yearh - it's a good question. It's a sad tendency!

To be honest, given Captain Sim's reputation and quality I'm highly reluctant to pay out $75 for that plane - even if it's complete. If it's PMDG level quality and system depth, I probably would - but I seriously doubt that... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 minutes ago, tooting said:

Here we go again. Pay to beta again.  These buggers where the first to start this malarkey 10 years ago or so.  Then BBS, then fsl, then ut2 live. 

People paid....

Just went through the CS Store (removed) and it seems that this Base pack and expansion is SOP for CS. So, $75 base, and at least $19.99 for each expansion. That would put the whole range at $155. 

In comparison, the QW 757 for v4 is announced for $15. So is it worth paying as much for the CS version ?

Edit : There seem to only 3 planned expansion, so my corrected estimate for the CS757 is $135.

Edited by Jim Young
Link to CS Store was removed
  • Upvote 2