Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

CaptainSim 757 Released!

If they'd offered an upgrade from the V1 product i'd be far more likely to take the plunge and buy it, $10-$20 off the purchase price would suffice. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

$75 for a beta.... a whole truckload of nopes.  This is the problem, they have your money now hence, no rush to finish the product.

This will likely play out as follows :

1. People will complain about paying in the weeks ahead with no sign from them that the RTM is going to be released.

2. People will swear to the flightsim gods they will never do this again and curse CS at every opportunity. 

3. Two years from now they will release another "early adopter" or "beta" or whatever the fancy at the time slogan for "give us your money for a half baked product" terminology is and same people will give them their money. 

4. Rinse, lather, repeat (with other vendors as well) 

• Upvote 10

Eric 

I agree. The term "Beta" release has become a joke. It's a release that is not complete and buggy. There were no "beta" releases 10 yrs ago. IMO, Way to make money for development. How would it be if Boeing or Airbus sold beta releases?

3 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

How would it be if Boeing or Airbus sold beta releases?

The difference is one carries real passengers and one carries virtual passengers:biggrin:

Patience is the magic word. There will be a sale eventually. And if time (and the devs) allowed the product to mature it may be worth the money even outside of a sale.
Else, let´s wait for the sale.

Cheers
Frank

• Upvote 1

So far I'm still flying along at FL380. I plan to let the AP descend the plane on it's own and attempt an Autoland on 30L at KMSP. Unlike a certain CRJ, the 757 has been following the flightplan like it should. The AT system is holding the FMC speed and no strange fluctuation. TCAS is also working great along with the FMC from what I can see. Again I haven't gone too deep into all the systems. I have weather radar on but nothing has appeared yet. Than again I'm not in a stormy area. So far this feel like the old CS757 that I have. Just a little more updated for V4. TD in 200 miles. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

18 minutes ago, B777ER said:

$75 for a beta.... a whole truckload of nopes.  This is the problem, they have your money now, now no rush to finish the product.

This will likely play out as follows :

1. People will complain about paying in the weeks ahead with no sign from them that the RTM is going to be released.

2. People will swear to the flightsim gods they will never do this again and curse CS at every opportunity. 

3. Two years from now they will release another "early adopter" or "beta" or whatever the fancy at the time slogan for "give us your money for a half baked product" terminology is and same people will give them their money. 

4. Rinse, lather, repeat (with other vendors as welll

12 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I agree. The term "Beta" release has become a joke. It's a release that is not complete and buggy. There were no "beta" releases 10 yrs ago. IMO, Way to make money for development. How would it be if Boeing or Airbus sold beta releases?

That could very well be the scenario Eric. But in fairness, this time CS did put a poll asking if people would be willing to pay for a beta on the FB page and the forum. Numbers were about 80% in favor. 

Beta is subjective. Real world aircraft get released to the market and end up finding all kinds of "bugs". Look at the mess with the 787 batteries.  Why wasnt that found from the "Beta team"?  The 757 had all kinds of issues when released to the first customer, Eastern Airlines.  The list can go on and on.  Even the great PMDG and FSL deemed premium devs, who believe they have a released stage model, end up dishing out all kinds of hotfixes and service packs no matter the due diligence beforehand. In essence, any release is still beta unless its absolutely perfect.

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Is the latest United livery included in the available repaints?

23 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I did 24 years in the military as an aircraft maintainer and guess what, many of our Bell, Boeing and Lockheed aircraft fell within the Beta Category. Were still fixing some of the bugs and living with the others to this day. So to say Boeing and Airbus don't release buggy aircraft is false. Additional tax payer dollars are still fixing the bugs. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Now there are so much addons not ready when prereleased.

Bad way, beginning with aerosoft with the crj 700/900.  I hate this form of  non-honnest marketing. 

Accept to try a few days without charge and then if work well, I agree, buying the products. Or a refund for a great period to have time to try.

On avsim there are for this kind of nonready packages sometimes peoples working to desinform buyers.

2 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

In comparison, the QW 757 for v4 is announced for $15. So is it worth paying as much for the CS version ?

Do you happen to have a source for this announcement?
I would purchase a QW 757 for v4 in a second without thinking - even knowing that systems wise it would not be more advanced then it has been 10 years ago.

Best Regards
Frank

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mdata said:

Do you happen to have a source for this announcement?

Link

Dan

I don't have any fast airliners for P3D 

I'm going to buy this and do a screenshot spread but it will take a few days because life ha

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

All your feedback and finding will be good to hear. Its hard to judge from twitch and CS screenshots to just how good/bad the VC is.

The VC is very good. It has that weathered look as well. The overhead well done. Clean text. Nothing at all to be disappointed in the VC. Very happy with this plane. Brought the AIRAC up to date. Programmed the FMC.  Very nice sounds.Handles well in the air. Flying right now from LDDU to ESSA. Going to have a seat in the business class and watch that animation screen for some entertainment (you can actually change it).

Unless this FMC doesn't properly calculate the TOD and can't do a proper ILS, capture the GS etc., I am very impressed with this 757 by Capt. Sim.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Im more interested in systems functionality and reliability. Navigation systems, aircraft performance etc. Be very interested to hear informed in depth observances.

• Upvote 1