Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

CaptainSim 757 Released!

25 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Done, that, raised a ticket too, provided all required information, been waiting a week now for a response despite chase-ups.  Imagine someone will be in touch soon and the delay has been due to the Christmas holidays...hopefully...but it's very frustrating and messed up my planned Christmas flying time. It's a lot of money to spend on something that flat out doesn't work, something I've experienced with no other add-on ever (apart from FTX Central's occasional hissy-fits). 

This is off topic for this thread, however, did you turn you water down from Ultra? That’s the most common form of CTD with FSLabs, having water on Ultra

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

2 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

This is off topic for this thread, however, did you turn you water down from Ultra? That’s the most common form of CTD with FSLabs, having water on Ultra

Indeed and I don't want to derail the thread. I was just putting the cost of the CS offering into perspective.

(My water setting has never been higher than medium. :smile:)

I am confused, is this a purchasable Beta still in production or actual release?

I love the 757, I've had almost every 757 ever made for ever sim over the years (Posky, PSS,QW am I missing any?) and I have owned many Captain Sim products since I've had FS9 as my primary sim...but,
I still feel $75.70 is a irrational price for JUST a single engine variant base package.It almost feels like a slap in the face given how many actual variants of the 757 there are. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainGabe said:

I am confused, is this a purchasable Beta still in production or actual release?

As stated on their site and many times in this forum, it is a final product.  I personally would never buy a product in Beta for $75.70 and, when I bought it yesterday, I looked all over for anything showing it was in beta and did not see it and purchased the product.  I am very happy with my purchase.  In previous versions of any CS product they touted a very realistic cabin and it could be installed but you could not see it or have a chance to go into it during a flight.  Many people, including me, thought having a full cabin with first class, second class, etc., would be a plus for this product and hoped they would someday get it integrated into their products.  Well, it is integrated into this product and the added immersion is awesome IMHO. 

I completed another flight early this AM and flew from FSDT KLAX to FB KSFO over Orbx SoCal and NoCal with AS16 and got the following FSUIPC report regarding the FPS:

Minimum frame rate was 12.3 fps, Maximum was 62.5 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 2687 secs = 31.3 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 177 aircraft
Memory managed: 1267 Allocs, 1266 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

So what's the grand verdict? Is this plane worth the $75?
I'm a little on the fence about this. Captain Sim haven't the best reputation and my previous purchases haven't been that great...

It depends what you like to fly.  I'm a Boeing fan but there is of course the reputation of CS to think about.  I decided to take a punt and, like i said, I was pleasantly surprised.  Is it WORTH $75?  At this stage, not quite. But when they iron out the bugs, it will be worth it for me.  Even then it'll be far from perfect, but it'll do the job.

One thing you do come to realise when you step into someone else's Boeings, is just how fine a job PMDG do on theirs.  PMDG's attention to detail really is fantastic.  It's the detail that's missing with the Captain Sim version.

i just don't need a 757 for P3DV4. I need a very good regional jet (Sorry Aerosoft) or two and or an Airbus that isn't 150.00$. I have needs not wants these days.

Would it be suggested as a training aid- I'm going back to 757/767 in the spring, and was on the fence about x-plane FF757 or this bird. Just to practice flows, callouts, procedures, get a little into the QRH. Boeings are easy birds to fly. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

22 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It depends what you like to fly.  I'm a Boeing fan but there is of course the reputation of CS to think about.  I decided to take a punt and, like i said, I was pleasantly surprised.  Is it WORTH $75?  At this stage, not quite. But when they iron out the bugs, it will be worth it for me.  Even then it'll be far from perfect, but it'll do the job.

One thing you do come to realise when you step into someone else's Boeings, is just how fine a job PMDG do on theirs.  PMDG's attention to detail really is fantastic.  It's the detail that's missing with the Captain Sim version.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated! 
What kind of details are you missing? I thought Captain Sim always went crazy with (sometimes unnecessary) details and eye-candy.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated! 
What kind of details are you missing? I thought Captain Sim always went crazy with (sometimes unnecessary) details and eye-candy.

No problem.

Well.  Sounds for a start.  Auditory immersion is almost non-existent.  It's about as basic a sound set as you can get. No switch or knob dialing sounds, no recirc fans, seemingly poor engine transition sounds, poor outside wind noise sounds in relation to aircraft speed.  Sound is a really big part of the simulation experience.

The other issues are bugs or feature enhancements which would make a significant difference to the overall experience.  You can see a list of them on the CS forum.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

No problem.

Well.  Sounds for a start.  Auditory immersion is almost non-existent.  It's about as basic a sound set as you can get. No switch or knob dialing sounds, no recirc fans, seemingly poor engine transition sounds, poor outside wind noise sounds in relation to aircraft speed.  Sound is a really big part of the simulation experience.

The other issues are bugs or feature enhancements which would make a significant difference to the overall experience.  You can see a list of them on the CS forum.  

Apparently knobs and switches not producing sound is not a bug and they should be there.

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1514652024

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Hi Gang:

Does this airplane come with a pause at TOD option?

Thank you.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

23 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi Gang:

Does this airplane come with a pause at TOD option?

Thank you.

Yes. Option is in the FMC.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I'm keeping an open mind, although I was disappointed with their previous 757 series.  On the other hand, their 727, 707, and L-1011 were all good to very good planes.  I am hoping the new 757 falls into the latter category, although I will probably wait a bit until it gets a little more polish before I take the plunge.  I would like to see the 757-300 and 757F model variants and possibly even the RB211 engine variant, though I have no idea if those are in the works yet.  (I assume the model variants are, at least, given that this is touted as the "base package.")

On the whole, the new CS 757 looks promising, and I am encouraged.

Try a night flight.  Your opinion may change.