Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

CaptainSim 757 Released!

Well I just landed at KMSP. I let the FMC take me all the way down via the descent profile and I even autolanded with auto brakes 2 and spoilers armed. Everything worked as it should with a smooth touchdown at the end. I did start to see a slight drop in my FPS (24-27) than my normal 30FPS but not sure if this was the VC, DL or MSP causing the drop. First flight went well and I plan on another one after I mess around with some of the other functions. 

• Upvote 4

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Thank you Dan. CS always seem to be a little hard on frames at times.

Not bad. Fairly favorable first impressions there. No real dealbreaker bugs so far . Thanks for the info Lenny and Dan

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

6 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Im more interested in systems functionality and reliability. Navigation systems, aircraft performance etc. Be very interested to hear informed in depth observances.

Correct. I own a few of CS's birds (B732, B721/2 and L1011) and although they look great and visually add to the immersion, their lack of systems and performance simulations totally destroy the enjoyment as well as discourage you from "investing" your time simulating a flight with their aircraft, especially when there are others on the market which does (although not the same aircraft type). 

Aspects of the aircraft which appeal to me most are the flight path calculations and tracking, fluid simulations (oil temps and pressures, fuel temps, air conditioning and pressurization, and all of the effects of the current environment on them), engine performance and fuel burn to specs, and last but not least electrical simulations. 

I don't think that's asking the impossible since a lot of other devs program such features to some degree into their aircraft, which is why I'm not opposed to the price they are asking, just once it's not one of their "usual"releases.

For those brave ones who did purchase this software, some feedback on the accuracy of the behind-the-scenes simulations would be greatly welcomed for the rest of us  who are interested but cautious. 

So far all systems are functioning. The first test was to program the FMC, start it up, APU, engine start, taxing, getting it up, capturing the flight path with CMD, LNAV/VNAV engaged, flying the flight path. In fact, I stupidly forgot to turn on my PACKS after I got it into the air and I had warnings about air and pressurization.

As I have started up PMDG's Boeings - 737,777, 747 I considered the same systems in terms of their operability , the HYD pumps, electrical systems, fuel pumps and found not a single variation in terms of their functioning which caused me to stop and take note. So at least from that standpoint you have a fully functioning system like any capable addon like PMDG. I could not state the same thing about IFly's 737 or 747 for example where I had several issues though they are for the most part dealt with I still have curious behaviours with those planes.

I'm waiting for a show stopper even as a beta plane and have yet to see it. But I'm only half way through my flight.:biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

4 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

So far all systems are functioning. The first test was to program the FMC, start it up, APU, engine start, taxing, getting it up, capturing the flight path with CMD, LNAV/VNAV engaged, flying the flight path. In fact, I stupidly forgot to turn on my PACKS after I got it into the air and I had warnings about air and pressurization.

As I have started up PMDG's Boeings - 737,777, 747 I considered the same systems in terms of their operability , the HYD pumps, electrical systems, fuel pumps and found not a single variation in terms of their functioning which caused me to stop and take note. So at least from that standpoint you have a fully functioning system like any capable addon like PMDG. I could not state the same thing about IFly's 737 or 747 for example where I had several issues though they are for the most part dealt with I still have curious behaviours with those planes.

I'm waiting for a show stopper even as a beta plane and have yet to see it. But I'm only half way through my flight.:biggrin:

Sounds promising indeed! It's good you compared it with the PMDG's as I also fly them and base the depth of system simulations of other addons on them. 

Won't be touching it with a barge pole.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Thanks a lot, Dan!

Great to read some first impressions indicating CS is doing something right as far as systems simulation goes. Curious about opinions on the flight model. 

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I feel a little odd saying this, but from what i have seen on twitch it looks pretty good actually.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

1 hour ago, fwerff said:

Great to read some first impressions indicating CS is doing something right as far as systems simulation goes. Curious about opinions on the flight model. 

I agree, great to hear about the systems, but really curious about the flight model.  Putting the plane in a stall situation will tell the tale pretty quickly.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

This thing is awesome. I finally had a chance to install and fly it. The systems are really good depth. The quality of the switches and the buttons is really good. Has kind of a TFDI/PMDG feel. 

The screens are great quality. System depth is good for a soft release. 

Aircraft is completely flysble. Doing a transcontinental right now. 

Things to improve 

1. Aircraft fuel and payload editor on a tablet,or FMC (Suggestion has been opened on their forum reply if you own so they add his feature) 

2. Engine spool up has to be modified. 

3. Tracking has to be tweaked. On the SKOOR3 out of JFK LNAV at times was chasing the course. Other than that it’s a really great aircraft and I am really happy with it. 

Finally a 757 of the likes of Flight Factor in P3D!

• Upvote 4

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

31 minutes ago, Alcides Segovia said:

This thing is awesome. I finally had a chance to install and fly it. The systems are really good depth. The quality of the switches and the buttons is really good. Has kind of a TFDI/PMDG feel. 

The screens are great quality. System depth is good for a soft release. 

Aircraft is completely flysble. Doing a transcontinental right now. 

Things to improve 

1. Aircraft fuel and payload editor on a tablet,or FMC (Suggestion has been opened on their forum reply if you own so they add his feature) 

2. Engine spool up has to be modified. 

3. Tracking has to be tweaked. On the SKOOR3 out of JFK LNAV at times was chasing the course. Other than that it’s a really great aircraft and I am really happy with it. 

Finally a 757 of the likes of Flight Factor in P3D!

A question about systems, do the control surfaces move without hydraulics activated like the FSX version did?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

6 hours ago, mgardiner said:

To release a PW only variant, just smacks of their intent to charge extra for an RR equipped -200 [which] is more sought after... Money, money, money.

PMDG pricing strategies to go with the alleged PMDG quality then; they made the rare 777-200LR the base pack so everyone bought the 777-300ER expansion!

6 hours ago, tooting said:

Here we go again. Pay to beta again. [Captain sim] where the first to start this malarkey 10 years ago or so. 

It's not even that, in most cases it's Pay to Unstable Alpha as many early accesses aren't feature complete. I got my hands burnt with Airsimmer Extended which was never finished and will never ever again pay for a product that isn't finished. Similarly the promise of a virtual cockpit for the Digital Aviation F100 which never materialised despite some nice screenshots. And I believe the BBS A320 remains unfinished despite being on sale for over two years by my reckoning!

4 hours ago, B777ER said:

$75 for a beta.... a whole truckload of nopes.  This is the problem, they have your money now hence, no rush to finish the product...
2. People will swear to the flightsim gods they will never do this again and curse CS at every opportunity.
3. Two years from now they will release another "early adopter" or "beta" or whatever the fancy at the time slogan for "give us your money for a half baked product" terminology is and same people will give them their money.

Anyone who doesn't make a purchase decision based solely on the current state of the product is a fool (see my experiences above), promises are easily broken and non-contractual (like you said, once they've got your money they're not in a hurry). But many folks are impatient and want it now so they gamble and then get burned (see my examples above) but simply cannot overcome their urge to have the latest thing ASAP, so they roll the dice again.

However, based on @Lenny777 posted above the CS 757 v2 may actually be feature complete and in a usable state, which I find pleasantly surprising. I will wait to hear more comprehensive feedback before making any purchase decision myself.

Don't get me started on addon pricing, in general I think it has gone silly since P3D came out and several devs found it a convenient excuse to inflate prices 25%+ (and/or force repurchase); they're obligated to charge what the market will withstand but the likes of nearly $40 for any GA aircraft is more than I can personally stomach, and anything in 3 figures is a complete no-no. Pricing and Open Beta/Early Access are in the same boat, if simmers voted with their feet/wallets they'dve fizzled out but evidently many are willing/naive and buying, so we find ourselves in a minority.

• Upvote 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg