Sign in to follow this  
snpower

RXP GTN 750: Help Installing on Milviz Panels

y4mN9UEN42U9-SJxY83nDKmrcNujRqH3S8GFy3dZPicked up this fine product earlier today; followed the installation instructions but I cannot get my panels to populate. The two aircraft I am using are the C310R and the DHC-2 Beaver. The pop-up GTN 750 works fine. However, I am getting no or poor results when I move on to actually replacing the gauge. In some instances nothing happens and the latest try has resulted in both the 530 and 430 being rendered inop. Removing the gauges using the add on manger does not rectify.

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

I have been able to install the product in the C310R at this point. First I had to use Milviz's Add On Manager to select the F1 GTN 750 GPS option. This populated the virtual cockpit with that gauge. Then I had to add the RXP gauge in four different instances using RealityXP's add on manger tool within P3D (see screenshot). It must be my programming ignorance.

Still no luck with the DHC-2. Everything I try results in the loss of not only the F1 GTN 750 gauge within the virtual cockpit, but also my radio, transponder, and autopilot gauges...

y4mLQiIoWdYvh-1DixfZsOdljBUsf8ZBVm-jwfUn

*****Update****

I have it working, now. I had to replace the gauge for VC13, and not touch anything else. It was more clear to me after I printed out the panel.cfg file and read through the sections.

Learning things the hard way...

• Upvote 2

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

Here is what the panel in my C310 looks like after a bit of work.  The expense of two real world GTN 750's in a real world C310 seemed a bit unrealistic to me, so I decided to use only one.  Wanted to fill in with secondary radios in case I experienced a GTN failure while flying.  Got it all working.  The audio panel above the GTN controls switching between COM1 and COM2 as well as between NAV's 1 & 2.  Believe I had to modify a couple of panel .bmp files, etc.  So some risk in trying to share. But can probably email the files to anyone with interest.

RXP_GTN_C310R-XL.jpg

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

There should be a C310 with F1 GTN integration.  That makes it easy to install the RXP versions.  Did you ever grab that update?

Also I have the Beaver... let me see if I have it working

@snpower

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 1/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, fppilot said:

Here is what the panel in my C310 looks like after a bit of work.  The expense of two real world GTN 750's in a real world C310 seemed a bit unrealistic to me, so I decided to use only one.  Wanted to fill in with secondary radios in case I experienced a GTN failure while flying.  Got it all working.  The audio panel above the GTN controls switching between COM1 and COM2 as well as between NAV's 1 & 2.  Believe I had to modify a couple of panel .bmp files, etc.  So some risk in trying to share. But can probably email the files to anyone with interest.

RXP_GTN_C310R-XL.jpg

Hello!!.. Is there any place where can i configure the GTN 750?? I tried almost everything..but sadly didnt work out for me.

1 hour ago, tangerine said:

Hello!!.. Is there any place where can i configure the GTN 750?? I tried almost everything..but sadly didnt work out for me.

Which airplane? 

Did you use the Milviz MVAMS app to select a GTN750 in the panel?

Did you then use the RXP addons dropdown menu to replace the Flight1 GTN by the RXP GTN?

• Like 1

Bert

9 minutes ago, tangerine said:

That was my problem. Thx for your help!!

:biggrin:

Bert

Sorry to warm up this old thread. I just switched to the RXP GTN. The manual shows that one is supposed to be able to change the dimensions of the gauge. However, when I replace the F1 GTN with the RXP model then it appears smaller and the frame from the F1 gauge is still visible. I don't see the option to change the size in the installation tool. Do we have to manually change the size? 

Hans

50 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Sorry to warm up this old thread. I just switched to the RXP GTN. The manual shows that one is supposed to be able to change the dimensions of the gauge. However, when I replace the F1 GTN with the RXP model then it appears smaller and the frame from the F1 gauge is still visible. I don't see the option to change the size in the installation tool. Do we have to manually change the size? 

I recommend you read the User's Manual.  You can find it in the Windows Start Menu under R, RealityXP, User's Manual.  If you have both GTN and GNS gauges from RealityXP you will find (2) User's Manuals, one for each series. They are both listed with the same name. 

Check out how to control the bezel near the bottom of page 5 in the GTN manual.  Also, as a fellow user here, I also recommend you mention which aircraft models you are working with.  Not all are compliant as unfortunately the various aircraft model developers do not all write to the same standard.  So the panels in some aircraft take more work.  Most likely other users here have overcome issues and those have usually been chronicled here in previous topics.  If we know which you are dealing with we can try to point you to those topics. 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Frank, my understanding is that the instruction on page 5 refer to the 2D window. I will see what else I can find. I am trying to properly put the GTN750 into the VC of the Milviz Beaver. 

Hans

53 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

The RXP app has a "No Bezel" option for the VC gauge which you may want to try.

If you like to edit panel.cfg files by hand, you can add  ",No_Bezel" to the VC gauge line.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Thank you Bert. I had overlooked the tiny + sign for further settings. My eyes and 4K are sometimes not the best friends. Without the bezel it fits.

• Like 3

Hans