Sign in to follow this  
LH340fan

Orbx aec

Hi. I switched to p4d two months ago and wanted to get some of the orbx airports to my collection (lebb/lowi). But to be fair it messed up 99% of the rest of the world with the "aec" thing. For example at As's stuttgart if i turn it on there's a hill at the end of runway 7 and if i turn it off the airport goes underground(no patterns anymore). Since this is so problematic and neither the auto test or the manual zone setting (missing zones for the manual mode) work, did you guys got it at least to work or fully disable? Also i created another thread to be more precise rather than creating a question in a thread in which another question was asked. Btw my potato can easely run the game between 8 and 40 fps(c2q,6gigs of ddr3 and gtx 750ti).

So you installed Vector, which alters airport elevations and ran the tool to fix the issues? It’s vector causing the airport issues with AEC disabled, run AEC and it should sort the issues out. Is that what you’re asking or did I misinterpret your question?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Hi. I switched to p4d two months ago and wanted to get some of the orbx airports to my collection (lebb/lowi). But to be fair it messed up 99% of the rest of the world with the "aec" thing. For example at As's stuttgart if i turn it on there's a hill at the end of runway 7 and if i turn it off the airport goes underground(no patterns anymore). Since this is so problematic and neither the auto test or the manual zone setting (missing zones for the manual mode) work, did you guys got it at least to work or fully disable? Also i created another thread to be more precise rather than creating a question in a thread in which another question was asked. Btw my potato can easely run the game between 8 and 40 fps(c2q,6gigs of ddr3 and gtx 750ti).

as  john has  said  you need  to run the  aec  tool  just use  the  auto   and  it  will solve  your  issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

as  john has  said  you need  to run the  aec  tool  just use  the  auto   and  it  will solve  your  issues

Not for any addon airports using the addon.xml method you have to search those airports manually

7 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

Not for any addon airports using the addon.xml method you have to search those airports manually

well the  auto  works  for  me  with  all addon  airports,never  used  the  addon  xml  method  though

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

I’ve used it for many airports using the XML method and it works, at least as far as I can tell.

6 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’ve used it for many airports using the XML method and it works, at least as far as I can tell.

It only searches the scenery.cfg entries unless they recently had an update

• Upvote 1