Sign in to follow this  
nachezdc9

Milviz DH3 otter

Hi, I,m thinking in buying the milviz otter for some bush operations but I haven,t seen too many reviews out there.  I would like to know if it worth the money and if is a study level simulation, and some users opinions.  Thank you. 

I have fun with it. I don't know about the study level of A2A standard but the cockpit graphics are good and flight dynamics are what you might expect of that aircraft. The engine sounds like a lawn mower but that's true to life. If you do a bit of bush flying I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Vic green

Good FDE & visuals.

Reading the manual is beneficial.

Not as nimble as the Beaver, but realistic performance.

Watch  use of full throttle on take off as there may  be smoke & flames, from exhaust, but it may be linked to comment below re Carb Heat

If its the same set up  as the Beaver, then you need to have Carb heat on in Winter. ) This may be the smoke & flames issue source - i need to fly it again

Excellent full flap performance - you can head down at 60 kias at 45 degrees under full control, good for getting into tight strips.

I would liken the sound to a tractor that's lost its muffler - enhances the ambiance.

T45

if you overheat the engine, it will emit bursts of sound and flame and, with a bit of time, blow it

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I'm having throttle/mixture/prop issues, so for me it's unusable (Saik. Pro Throttles for twin set up. FSXA/Win7). I'm asking for a refund. There is no passenger area modeled also. The sounds are OK, but a little home studio remixing would be advised. The textures are decent, but not as good as others. It has a real radial engine start up procedure that has to be followed, and you have to manage the engine correctly... Something I really enjoy.. but there are some who don't read the manual, and, well, you know. The "outside views" don't seem to work correctly with 1.8 version of EZDok... but then again, I spent 2 minutes actually flying it, and two days trying to work out my throttle/mixture/prop problems. 40 bucks is not allot of money in the first world, but it would be nice if it actually worked.

So to sum up;

1.) You may have to configure multi hardware systems, add on software , and install Microsoft C++ from multiple years... and it may or may not work

2.) It's a Cockpit only model. Video makers who include pax views.... SOL.

I am extremely disappointed. I was about to invest heavily in some Alaska scenery for my float plane phase of simming.. now I will have to look elsewhere for an AC.

The irony is, I have three Milviz planes, and only the free one works. (P38)