Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

REX Sky Force Very First look

Hi,

Installed and all I did was the following.

Enter Name, serial code. 

Start Rex Sky force.

Your then asked to set your cloud resolution. I set DTX5 512 for both and Moon to 2048.

That's it. Nothing else, no loading choiseing textures, Nothing. Just to be clear nothing else.

ASv4 with ASCA + REX Soft Clouds. EGNX RWY 27 I can see this airport from my house, well I can see the weather!

AS-EGNX.jpg

I loaded the sim 2 times and these are with REX Sky force. Nothing else
RSF-1.jpg

RSF-2.jpg

I will do flights etc but it's a bit late now so...properly tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

So it is amazing!! but does installing SKYFORCE mean i can delete TEXTURE DIRECT+SOFTCLOUDS OR DO THEY HAVE TO BE TOGETHER...just from a saving disk space point of view...

Only reason to keep texture direct on for me is because i use some of the other options like runway and taxiway textures.i suppose you can take off soft clouds if you need space..and just in case your wondering ,in my  limited time with skyforce it is amazing.so easy to setup and use .within 10 miutes of buying it i was on  my 1st flight with real weather for a long time and it for the 1st time had turbulance all the way to the ground.cloud formations look incredible.so yes i'm a word not allowed.

steve

Looking  fwd  to  your  testing  David

Edited by Jim Young
Removed quote with all of the images

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think I'll have to give this a miss. I'm on AS4/ASCA at the moment, so I'll wait for the next cloud/weather program when the clouds will be even more realistic! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 minutes ago, Harvgordon said:

I will do a test now, downloading.

good  another  one  with David

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

OK

I just done the same two flights from EGNX turned south to south coast of the UK. FL350

The "Good" news

SF give stunning scenes with there weather engine. I would say it's far better looking that when i did the flight again using AS Weather engine with SF, it was without question better.

Two

SF-good-2.jpg

SF-good-1.jpg

Now the "BAD" news and it's so bad that it leaves me think.....Nooooooo

People went over to AS because they were the first people to bring us no re-draw clouds.

I had two complete re-draws of clouds, and sadly that's just terrible.

Here is two shots takes within seconds of each other.

After

SF-good.jpg

and before re-draw.
SF-BAD.jpg

Now all I can think of is and at this point ofc I do not know is that I did not load a flight plan so i will go do that now and report back.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I see nothing like 3000+ cloud types depicted - looks no different than the 3 cloud types we already have in ASCA or TD or Essential. 

I hope to see evidence of 3000+ cloud types soon in a full flight vid - anybody?

• Upvote 3

When SF injects the weather I get stutters. I mean  p3d stops for one or 2 secs and it restarts.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Now the "BAD" news and it's so bad that it leaves me think.....Nooooooo

People went over to AS because they were the first people to bring us no re-draw clouds.

I had two complete re-draws of clouds, and sadly that's just terrible.

So, it does not matter if the textures are the best in sky force, if the textures redraw right before your eyes ugggh - that is the report I was afraid of, but like I always knew before, rex does textures well, but wx engine no. The problem is you are being charged for a weather engine too. 15% discount does not cover this blunder.

This is why a full flight youtube vid is not posted. 

Very disappointing but not unexpected.

Thanks for the first feedback you guys provided. I am still excited about this product and it surely is too early to judge it, but at least I can go to bed now without feeling bad for not having bought it yet. I will wait for more pictures and videos surfacing the near future and then decide. I am quite happy with AS16/ASCA/REX Soft clouds and although 45 EUR is a reasonable price, this redraw/stutter topic would be really really sad, especially if the presentation should be close to what was promised and they really managed to break the weather limitations .. well, wait and see. 

• Upvote 1

I was just about to purchase when I read about the re-draws of clouds, I'll wait for more info

• Upvote 1

Jose De Campos

London