Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

REX Sky Force Very First look

3 minutes ago, DeCampos said:

I was just about to purchase when I read about the re-draws of clouds, I'll wait for more info

you know  you  can use  other  weather  engines  instead  of  the  rex  one  that  comes  with it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Normally I would have been excited about this release but after waiting 2 FlightSimCons ago the excitement has faded for me since we have so much from all the current programs. I do look forward to the reviews. 

• Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Is there any perceivable performance improvement? I think this was a claim made during all the hype.

Also, are there any videos posted since the release?

Robin

Now it's a nightmare

crap.jpg

After restart P3D and starting up RSF I got the above , it would not load weather and I kept getting errors messagers.

I did a repair =the same

Reinstalled and now it says I have used my ativations up? 

Not happy at all.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

Now it's a nightmare

crap.jpg

After restart P3D and starting up RSF I got the above , it would not load weather and I kept getting errors messagers.

I did a repair =the same

Not happy at all.

Their servers are just under load, multiple people are having the same issue

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Now it's a nightmare

crap.jpg

I did a repair =the same

Not happy at all.

give it  time David  sure this is  usually happens  on  first release  on addons

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

39 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

you know  you  can use  other  weather  engines  instead  of  the  rex  one  that  comes  with it

But why pay for a useless weather engine, plus still there is no evidence of 3000+ cloud types.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pracines said:

But why pay for a useless weather engine, plus still there is no evidence of 3000+ cloud types.

since  it looks like  this  addon  is  not  for  you   so  why worry about  it,  you keep harping  on about  the 3000 m clouds  before it  was  2000 +  clouds

• Upvote 3

Peter kelberg

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Now it's a nightmare

crap.jpg

I did a repair =the same

Not happy at all.

David  check this  out

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46354-error-messages-when-using-skyforce/

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg

Do the clouds redrawing still happen if you use it with Active Sky?

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

3 minutes ago, Denco said:

But that would be like using AS4 + Rex4 direct + soft clouds isn't it?

I hope they find a solution for the re-draw of clouds, because I don't want to go backwards in that area.

• Upvote 1

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

since  it looks like  this  addon  is  not  for  you   so  why worry about  it,  you keep harping  on about  the 3000 m clouds  before it  was  2000 +  clouds

a better question is why are you advising people to buy something that does not work - or are you saying that the weather engine part of sky force is free? 

I harp about the 3000+ cloud types because we have only 3 cloud types in the flight sims - not 2000. We may have 2000 variations of cumulus clouds with different add-ons, but not 2000 cloud types. A huge difference.

We all need to harp about 3000 cloud types because that is the largest claim of the skyforce product, and until we see the evidence there is no sense in just believing it....its just too unbelievable without seeing it. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Denco said:

No they don't but, I want to try with a loaded flight plan as test flight was just a flight with no flight plan loaded into SF.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, pracines said:

a better question is why are you advising people to buy something that does not work - or are you saying that the weather engine part of sky force is free? 

I harp about the 3000+ cloud types because we have only 3 cloud types in the flight sims - not 2000. We may have 2000 variations of cumulus clouds with different add-ons, but not 2000 cloud types. A huge difference.

We all need to harp about 3000 cloud types because that is the largest claim of the skyforce product, and until we see the evidence there is no sense in just believing it....its just too unbelievable without seeing it. 

Why can you just not wait we have only had it a few hours and over the UK at the moment there is not 3000 ft clouds. Just wait and we will see.

It does not work on 3 cloud types, read the manual its free to DL.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

No they don't but, I want to try with a loaded flight plan as test flight was just a flight with no flight plan loaded into SF.

Good thinking, though I remember essential having the same problem with or without a flight plan. 

I hope the skyforce weather generator ends up working as expected, but I knew there was a red flag in the manual when it kept talking about other weather generators.