Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

REX Sky Force Very First look

5 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

It's frustrating, Howard, because their products are capable; they just don't correlate with their overzealous, or exaggerated claims.  I hope they take that under advisement going forward...

It certainly is frustrating Matt. I've just watched a 'live' video from Mike Collins on YT, IMO it's a complete dog's dinner. The clouds look abysmal. I really feel for the devs, as this must be awful for them, but as you quite rightly say, opinions, even the harshest, must be vented.

• Upvote 5

Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, EVGA RTX3090 24Gb GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

edit

• Upvote 1

Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, EVGA RTX3090 24Gb GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

The salient question for me among others i suppose is..

As a current user of AS16 with soft clouds and Rex Texture Direct, what does this offer me?

Precisely!

Howard

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

It certainly is frustrating Matt. I've just watched a 'live' video from Mike Collins on YT, IMO it's a complete dog's dinner. The clouds look abysmal. I really feel for the devs, as this must be awful for them, but as you quite rightly say, opinions, even the harshest, must be vented.

LOL...we were watching the same stream, Howard.  Mike did an excellent job!  I appreciated him switching back and forth between the weather engines and 'cloud simulators.'  SF3D inability to depict the current weather was really disappointing, as were the abrupt weather shifts, which in 2018 should be LONG in the past.  I did like SF3D cloud depiction; yet,I don't see it as vastly superior to competing products...cloud depiction is also VERY subjective.  Nevertheless, Mike did a great job and allowed us to accurately compare products...he was also very impartial; again, he did a great job.     

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Well  if you both download the manual you could see.

• Upvote 1

David Murden.  MSFS2020  P3Dv5x DCS  

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E  32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz RTX 3080  Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm 

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2  Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR 

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. I have all the Sims, weather add-ons including As16, and constantly looking for the best visuals with Smooth performance. 

Yesterday when I loaded sf3d and used their settings with pta, and their first default set of textures I was amazed. The clouds and haze look better than any other sim I can think of. The sky looked beautiful and colors from pta preset spot on. My p3d sim has never run so solid and smooth! 

I had a chilling realism last night and I think everyone is unfairly judging or may not have set it up correctly because I see a big big difference. 

• Upvote 4

Brian Pearce

8700k @ 5.0 GHZ, 32 GB Ram - 3200 MHZ, Samsung 960 Pro NVME, 2tb SSD, Nvidia 2080 ti, LG 4k Monitor, Custom loop with 600 mm of rad cooling.

Flight Sims in order: X-Plane 11, P3D V4 

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well  if you both download the manual you could see.

Dave, what are you referring to when you say 'you could see?'

Howard

8 minutes ago, bgpearce01 said:

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. I have all the Sims, weather add-ons including As16, and constantly looking for the best visuals with Smooth performance. 

Yesterday when I loaded sf3d and used their settings with pta, and their first default set of textures I was amazed. The clouds and haze look better than any other sim I can think of. The sky looked beautiful and colors from pta preset spot on. My p3d sim has never run so solid and smooth! 

I had a chilling realism last night and I think everyone is unfairly judging or may not have set it up correctly because I see a big big difference. 

Sir, I don't believe there are too many comments suggesting SF3D doesn't look good; although that's a very subjective subject.  What looks good to you, may look cartoonish to others.  I actually think it looks great too; however, the weather engine,and many other features, are terrible and fail to live up the REX's claims; that's why I think many are critiquing the product.  In short, I believe a solid amount of simmers don't see the revolutionary changes 'promised.'  I'm glad you're enjoying your new software tho...perhaps I'll come around too!     

• Upvote 1

Matt King

25 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The salient question for me among others i suppose is..

As a current user of AS16 with soft clouds and Rex Texture Direct, what does this offer me?

EXACTLY!!!!   

Just seen this on YT   https://youtu.be/FqCKVBMPhUA

• Upvote 1

Howard

After having read about it and seen some vids, I am glad having the ASP4 + ASCA + EnTex combo ...

• Upvote 4

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, Alexx Pilot said:

Clouds Textures seems really good, but at 2:52 what happened to that CB? Maybe Weather update?

Hmmmmm  ... good spot   ... I wonder