Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

REX Sky Force Very First look

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

No-one is getting any knickers in any bunch!!!

You think ? Because a screen shot was posted I was supposed to lie ? Did I ever state that I hate Rex products. I fell it was REX that let us down with all the hype, not the Avsim user posting screen shots.  Lost in translation, English is my first language. In fact, I have been very polite in my posts.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

6 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

They did post a video...

Showing sudden weather shifts ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

one more time - voice YOUR opinion on the product - good or bad - do NOT voice your opinion on someone else's opinion or I will shut this down and I believe all the comments can be helpful to the REX team. The product hasn't been out for 24 hours yet.

Vic

• Upvote 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

We have made it clear that the Sky Force weather engine is up to you to use or not.  It is NOT a required function of the product.  We have made that clear from the beginning of promotion.  

We have also made it clear that the Sky Force core being the Cloud Models and all the new texture sets along with the Cloud Model injection was made to be compatible with all 3rd party weather engines.

• Upvote 8

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

15 minutes ago, rstough said:

We have made it clear that the Sky Force weather engine is up to you to use or not.  It is NOT a required function of the product.  We have made that clear from the beginning of promotion.  

We have also made it clear that the Sky Force core being the Cloud Models and all the new texture sets along with the Cloud Model injection was made to be compatible with all 3rd party weather engines.

The $10,000 dollar question is whether or not we'll see all the neat SkyForce wall clouds, rain shafts, and 3,000 other cloud formations if we use a different engine? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sticky said:

The $10

The $10,000 dollar question is whether or not we'll see all the neat SkyForce wall clouds, rain shafts, and 3,000 other cloud formations if we use a different engine? 

Yes, because it does not require the weather engine.  That is what the Cloud Model sync function is.

There are several great screenshots of people using other weather engines on Facebook showing rain shafts and wall clouds.

• Upvote 7

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I, like others, have waited for this release for quite some time, although I did not fully understand what Skyforce had to offer.

I am simply looking for a complete weather product" that can read, inject, and display....weather. At the moment, I have ASP4 with ASCA, and the "dynamic" interaction (weather & clouds) seems to be the best no hassle, load and go, combination for me.

With that said, I have supported Rex since "Essentials" but the product offerings have become too fragmented. This piecing together of a weather product + a cloud product + a sky product seems cumbersome in a field that already has so many addon choices to make up for what P3D core is lacking.

I was expecting to jump ship to SF3D if it could (by itself) replace my current setup with smooth weather transitions etc, but it sounds like there is another Rex product (weather force) required to complete the picture. So, when both SF and WF are available and can work together like ASP4 and ASCA, I will look at comparing the 2 and possibly switching back to Rex.

I like both Rex and Hifi, and have no problem switching back and forth as each developer advances their product. But for right now, it doesn't "seem" like SF3D alone does the trick for me to invest just yet.

• Upvote 6

I read about some abrupt weather changes, that was the main reason why I damped OpusFSI and started using ActiveSky, which I think that has the most stable weather transitions I have ever seen. Considering this, I'm not willing to change to SkyForce weather engine (not to mention the WX radars)...but...I'm still considering using the textures and cloud structures features, question is how well these features alone work with ActiveSky. Another question is if I can choose a set of textures, apply and close the software prior to starting a simulation session, just like I do with TextureDirect...or...I would need to keep it open in order to take the most out of it.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I really believe we all need to take a step back and take a good look at all the excellent products that we have available to us lately. I think we are beginning to take things for granted. If it were not for developers such as REX, etc, our flight simulator platforms would be quite empty. We are quite happy to pay top dollar for a flight simulator platform which is still totally outdated in terms of airport codes and many other things, but yet we criticize developers who try to add immersion to our platform that is sadly lacking in the base product. Well done to REX and all of the other developers out there. Imagine P3D without any addons or modifications :dry:.....Happy New Year to all...

• Upvote 16

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I've just had a go using Opus FSI with Sky Force and it works beautifully. I'll stick with that until Weather Force. Opus provides that extra bit more local level accuracy for me than the Sky Force engine, but it works really well with Sky Force's features in my flights. Awesome work REX!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, pracines said:

I see nothing ground breaking here.       

Exactly. Snake oil. That could easily be a screenshot from a FS2004 weather product and people would still be fawning over it claiming it is the best realistic looking screenshot of weather in FS ever!

• Upvote 3

I posted twice to the REX forums and no one would provide an answer as to whether SF3D can work in a network environment. Is there anyone using SF3D on a second networked computer? Can one see the maps and other information on a second computer while flying on the server computer? This is how I have my ActiveSky set up. The manual makes no mention of any networking, except for a single general setting on page 60 and most of the comments so far are from users running the sim and SF3D on a single computer. Obviously I can use AS as my weather engine and use a network, but I'm trying to get an idea of the SF3D features compared to AS, beyond the great looking cloud models and textures.

To those who were talking about a video, here is a video that was released about a year and a half ago:

• Upvote 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion