Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Flight1 Ultimate Traffic Live - intializing - loss of AI Aircraft mods.

When it happened to me, I had well over 1500 assignments done. Luckily I keep a semi regular backup of the repaints.xml on hand so restoring it all wasn't too bad at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 hours ago, tooting said:

Don't worry the developer is always on hand to help out and update things.... Ahhh wait a minute

LOL

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

50 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

When it happened to me, I had well over 1500 assignments done. Luckily I keep a semi regular backup of the repaints.xml on hand so restoring it all wasn't too bad at all.

Yeah I had that going but after trying to get the dash 8 in there after the guys updated it tonFSX/P3D it worked and I did an overwrite of my last back up. Next time out powered up p3d and I got the initializing on and off every 5 seconds. Should’ve left the dash 8 out there but I wanted the Alaska airlines paints for it in there. 

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

53 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Same here and 60 addon xml scheds too. Now that we know power pack is never coming 

14ppkc-6.png

Even though I have almost all of the textures reassigned, I have never intended to actually use UTL for my full time AI. The only real quirk of bgl traffic is that the aircraft fly direct. UTL on the other hand has quite a few, the majors being so many totally messed up routes and altitudes and also no idea of fleet sizes so you end up with grossly inaccurate numbers of AI.

Here's a sample of a route. This is UTL's version of KLAX-EGLL

y4mwHW8vzlilXSwH3_vzMN6QKZVCWZYV1BEzwbXQ

Edited by Dave_YVR
Added screenshot

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Ive given up with Flight1 and UT series now, could have been such a great product, if the developers story is true, then fair enough life is far more more important than a poxy fsim and I truely hope his wife recovers..... but we have all been here before with this product line.... 

What I find so frustrating is that I agreed to buy a beta version (reduced price but upgrade from UT2) in the knowledge that it would be developed, it was but only to a point (albeit it is usable). Most of our subsequent feedback fell on deaf ears and it took ages for the developer to fix some of the bugs, his participation in the support forum was non existent and this was well before the claims of personal problems (bad back if I recall first off). In the end F1 made a definitive fix list and decreed once addressed the product would be declared finished, which to many of us it wasn't. 

Well here we are again, there are still some bugs to correct and some really good development ideas, thats even before we talk about a powerpack but the reality is UTL will probably see no more development until the next iteration comes around which is really sad. 

I have removed it and gone back to BGL based traffic

Edited by kand
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Even though I have almost all of the textures reassigned, I have never intended to actually use UTL for my full time AI. The only real quirk of bgl traffic is that the aircraft fly direct. UTL on the other hand has quite a few, the majors being so many totally messed up routes and altitudes and also no idea of fleet sizes so you end up with grossly inaccurate numbers of AI.

Here's a sample of a route. This is UTL's version of KLAX-EGLL

y4mwHW8vzlilXSwH3_vzMN6QKZVCWZYV1BEzwbXQ

If that was one of my flightplans then yeah it might look like that 

14ppkc-6.png

The developers wife is sick, it baffles me why aren't they hiring another dev to complete this work? Is it because they don't own the product and the developer does and is selling the UTL under Flight1's logo? Flight1 used to be a major player in the industry, now they're amateur hour. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I bet a night with my ex wife that the developer will be back when UT 3 Beta is released. Flight 1 are just as gulity taking on his work, as they know his history.

I now no longer have Flight 1 products on my PC, and I don't care what they release, I will never darken F1's door step again.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.