Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

I need a weather engine!!!!

for your information - i own as16 plus asca - just great i can use as16 and skyforce --which is by the way a winner

AS16 + Rex 4 & Soft Clouds.

Couldn't be happier.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

On 1/2/2018 at 0:12 PM, Dutch1 said:

I have P3D V4.1, I am using REX4 Texture Direct/Soft Clouds/ Enhanced Edition. I need a weather engine to go along with Rex. I am so confused about the new product Rex SkyForce. Is this a weather engine? I just want a program that injects weather into my sim,, that will use my REX4 Texture Direct/Soft Clouds/ Enhanced Edition texture settings.

Thanks, Dutch1

Don't walk! Run and get ASP4. It's simply awesome and the standard by which I measure all other weather generators for FSX/P3D.

Good luck finding any other weather generator that offer the following features:

a) Outstanding weather depiction in the sim.

b) A map that shows the loaded flight plan with the route depicted and the weather along the route clearly outlined. AWESOME!

c) A weather briefing that is as realistic as it can get.

d) When in flight you can listen to ATIS and get an updated briefing. SICK!

e) A weather radar that actually works and is supported by the best airliners.

f) Supper fast draw with smooth weather transitions.

g) Historic weather.

h) An excellent UI that is easy to use and understand.

i) Excellent product support by the developer.

I'm sure that users can come up with more reasons. This is not hype, but an honest recommendation from a simmer that has been around the community for years.

Download the trial version and see for yourself. This addon is a NO BRAINER!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

34 minutes ago, DJJose said:

a) Outstanding weather depiction in the sim.

b) A map that shows the loaded flight plan with the route depicted and the weather along the route clearly outlined. AWESOME!

c) A weather briefing that is as realistic as it can get.

d) When in flight you can listen to ATIS and get an updated briefing. SICK!

e) A weather radar that actually works and is supported by the best airliners.

f) Supper fast draw with smooth weather transitions.

g) Historic weather.

h) An excellent UI that is easy to use and understand.

i) Excellent product support by the developer.

All True.

To add to that list.

J) Cloud Draw distance

When your a "tube" flyer. The max cloud draw distance in P3D is 110 nm.

But with the right Cloud/textures you don't have to fly on a cloud bubble of 90-110 nm anymore you can have clouds draw out to 200 nm (horizon). With not much of a hit even with full proper full overcast and using SSAAx4. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have prepar3d v4 and skyforce 3d and use the free fsxwx but all I fly is Cessna 172 GA low and slow. I am downloading the AS demo but was wondering if Active Sky will be much better.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Brian Weinrich said:

I have prepar3d v4 and skyforce 3d and use the free fsxwx but all I fly is Cessna 172 GA low and slow. I am downloading the AS demo but was wondering if Active Sky will be much better.  Thanks.

Hi Brian,

Just read the above...

I'm a GA guy and I'm amazed every time I start my sim...

My cocktail: (AS4, ASCA, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE)...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 minute ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Brian,

Just read the above...

I'm a GA guy and I'm amazed every time I start my sim...

My cocktail: (AS4, ASCA, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE)...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kurtb said:

there is nothing wrong with Skyforce

Then your satisfaction benchmarks are way to low.  You owe it to yourself to experience better.

6 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Active Sky:

• No abrupt weather refreshes
  • More accurate global weather even over oceans
  • Smooth upper level wind transitions

SkyForce

• Much better looking clouds. 
  • More ominous looking weather in general

EDIT:  I have both. 

That's why I use both!!

13 hours ago, kurtb said:

there is nothing wrong with Skyforce-it is on par- so if you don't own it don't make a remark of "It's the market leader and for a reason" 

makes  me  wonder  too,  that users  bash another  addon on which  they  even havnt  got

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, pete_auau said:

makes  me  wonder  too,  that users  bash another  addon on which  they  even havnt  got

Maybe because they haven’t got it because they are well informed? :happy: If someone does NOT buy something for a reason, why shouldn’t they be allowed to say something about it? 

Hey J van E , how do i get the free trial of ASP4. I have downloaded it and start the installer. When i get to the AS license entry there is a "Request a Trial key", but when i choose it it goes to a HiFi page saying "oops that page can't be found"

1 hour ago, Dutch1 said:

Hey J van E , how do i get the free trial of ASP4. I have downloaded it and start the installer. When i get to the AS license entry there is a "Request a Trial key", but when i choose it it goes to a HiFi page saying "oops that page can't be found"

Don't really know anything about that trial... I had a look at the HiFi forum and found these two posts:

"Trial keys are currently disabled. Please check back on our site for updates on when the trial system is back online. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

"For a limited time, ASP4 is also available as a fully-functional FREE 7-DAY TRIAL."

The first post was from August already. And the latter may indicate the time is over? You might register at the HiFi forum and ask about it.