Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

777 Doors open before Armed??

Hellp All,

Why do we have to go through open doors to be able to rearm them? Why not do like on the 747?

Dom

34 minutes ago, seahawks said:

Why do we have to go through open doors to be able to rearm them? Why not do like on the 747?

The 747 released after the 777, and the result there is because people asked this question with the 777. We just haven't rolled the change back into the 777.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The 747 released after the 777, and the result there is because people asked this question with the 777. We just haven't rolled the change back into the 777.

Thanks for the answer, Domage is more practical and logical on the 747. An unopened door does not need to pass on open, to be armed.

An update is it planned for that?

dom

10 hours ago, seahawks said:

An update is it planned for that?

dom

It has been announced that some of the features of the 747 will be rolled back into the 777 and 737 but no time frame was set and nothing about which of the features.. but it was pretty sure that nothing would happen before the 747-8 has been released.

16 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

It has been announced that some of the features of the 747 will be rolled back into the 777 and 737 but no time frame was set and nothing about which of the features.. but it was pretty sure that nothing would happen before the 747-8 has been released.

Thank you for the info. Another small observation
The PMDG 777 is perfect like all PMDG aircraft. But one thing that is certain is that compared to the real (confirmed by a  777 pilot) the brakes are a little too sensitive to heat. LOL

1 hour ago, seahawks said:

the brakes are a little too sensitive to heat.

depending on?

old or new brakes?

concrete or tarmac?

Canadian winter or New Delhi summer?

30% or 90% humidity?

low or high landing weight?

old or new tires?

CG?

you get the point ;) better don't start this here :D

1 hour ago, seahawks said:

But one thing that is certain is that compared to the real (confirmed by a  777 pilot) the brakes are a little too sensitive to heat.

As Marc said, this is a little too subjective.

How is he (or you) determining that the same forces are being applied in the sim versus in the plane? Force feedback pedals with the same application curves? It's highly dependent on your hardware setup, and most people's are set up improperly.

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

As Marc said, this is a little too subjective.

How is he (or you) determining that the same forces are being applied in the sim versus in the plane? Force feedback pedals with the same application curves? It's highly dependent on your hardware setup, and most people's are set up improperly.

After 45 years as a pilot (DC8-DC10-767 at French Air force , UTA and Air France) I know that , and if you think the PMDG 777 is close to reality about the brake temp, then there is nothing more to say.....have good day

Dom

1 minute ago, seahawks said:

After 45 years as a pilot (DC8-DC10-767 at French Air force , UTA and Air France) I know that , and if you think the PMDG 777 is close to reality about the brake temp, then there is nothing more to say.....have good day

Dom,

It is completely unnecessary to react in this way. If you have an issue, as I always tell people, provide data. Provide evidence that your pedals are set up properly. If your curve goes from 0-100% in the first inch of travel, then, yeah, the pedals are going to cause a problem. That situation isn't at all realistic, and it's created by your hardware, and not us.

Brakes being "too sensitive" is way too subjective, and as a pilot, you should know this. I'm surprised that you reacted with purely emotion, instead of the actual evidence, as any pilot should know to do. I didn't shoot your dog. I didn't question your pilot skill. I stated reality: how you set your sim up will absolutely affect how realistic the sim is. An inverted brake axis will do the same thing: it'll lock the brakes when the pedals aren't at all depressed. This is not realistic, but it surely wouldn't be our fault.

Data and facts - not emotions.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Dom,

I‘m curious (ans this is NOT meant to sound sarcastic!!): what is the difference between your experience and the PMDG version?

my understanding is that the temperature mainly affects the turn around times and the durability of the breaks, important for airline operation and maintenance costs. In reality the breaks of a fully loaded 777 with RTO close to V1 become extremely hot and glow bright yellow and maybe a tire or two burst... but they have to stop the airplane without endangering it. The PMDG brakes do this. (Haven‘t checked the temps after an RTO though).

are they 100K too hot? Too cold? 50K? 10? I really am curious about this.. does the display take too long to show the temps? Too short? All I read is „it‘s wrong.“ 

I don‘t ask for data (as I‘m not in the position to change it :D) but I really would like to hear about professional experience. 

A family member is captain on the 737 and she gave me a lot of facts on the 737 to compare it.. and the 737 is coming very close to the real airplane exept some in my opinion unimportant things. So I would expect the 777 to be similar.. 

I have found that I can use the brakes for speed control in the 737 but definitely brakes cannot be used this way in the 777. Speed control must be with throttle and brakes should be used only when necessary as in slowing for a turn and of course stopping.  Check your temps before takeoff, if they are elevated at all then your technique needs refining.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 03/01/2018 at 6:56 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Dom,

It is completely unnecessary to react in this way. If you have an issue, as I always tell people, provide data. Provide evidence that your pedals are set up properly. If your curve goes from 0-100% in the first inch of travel, then, yeah, the pedals are going to cause a problem. That situation isn't at all realistic, and it's created by your hardware, and not us.

Brakes being "too sensitive" is way too subjective, and as a pilot, you should know this. I'm surprised that you reacted with purely emotion, instead of the actual evidence, as any pilot should know to do. I didn't shoot your dog. I didn't question your pilot skill. I stated reality: how you set your sim up will absolutely affect how realistic the sim is. An inverted brake axis will do the same thing: it'll lock the brakes when the pedals aren't at all depressed. This is not realistic, but it surely wouldn't be our fault.

Data and facts - not emotions.

Don’t you think that what was unnecessary was the reaction to his initial comment by Marc and your good self? Talk about jump in on discussion with a list of irrelevant factors. It’s not surprising he now feels his input is not welcome.

It would be easy to eliminate brake application differences by using maximum braking with hot and cold brakes to objectively evaluate the effects of brake fade due to temperature. That’s what we do in FFS testing.

I see Marc has now asked what his observation actually was. Surely that should have been the first response. Then possibly question the validity of it.

• Upvote 2

ki9cAAb.jpg

I can tell you that on the aircraft on which I flew, we did not systematically use the auto brake and most often on 1 or 2, the maximum position was used only on soggy and short runways. The power of the reverser was good enough in most of the time.

And that's almost never done we needed to cool the brakes, and even in hot countries.

Nowadays pilots brake a maxi to take the first ramp and decrease the driving distance. It seems that it is for  fuel economy. LOL

On the 777 PMDG there are even brake temperature alerts on the pushback.

We tried the 777 PMDG a very long runway landing (low outside temperature) without braking and low speed taxiing with a slight brakes assistance  to turn. Well, we had the signal "Brake Temp"

We have no special hardware just a joystick, the brake control in not operative if not used. FSX is only used for navigation courses and fun for future pilots, at least I hope so.

Finally, I can say that the PMDG planes are,  the best for FS.
I bought the 3. 737-800, 747-400, and 777, and I hope that someday come back the MD11
for FSX

Now please excuse my bad English, I speak it better than I write it

Happy New Year to everyone

Dom

I‘m sorry if my first response on the beakes topic sounded rude, it was actually more intended to be a little funny, naming all those excessive opposite cases.. I wanted to prevent the thread from becoming another „provide data vs videos“ thread :D

what I am wondering, Dom, I use to tap into the brakes much too much when taxiing as most of the time I study departure charts, set up my Overhead or do other things and miss turns or become too fast and so on... but I have never seen the brake temp alert you mentioned. 

In the airline2sim videos about the 777 cadet training Cpt Ashcraft says you would normally use autobrakes 2 as a minimum, using 1 wouldn‘t even heat up the breaks to operating temperature for a good breaking action... and this is what I see too when I use the breaks, even in excess...

• Upvote 1