Sign in to follow this  
acroduster

Approach Error

Dave:

I read your response, but there might be more to it.

The HOLD pattern for the RNAV(GPS) approach should have the IAF at MATTE. In the current flight plan the IAF is at SQUR.

The turn inbound is at MATTE instead of the IAF at MATTE. 

Looks like the whole holding pattern is shifted and centered at SQUIR.  Take a look at the approach plate for the RNAV RWY 24.

Maybe this problem is already solved if you change the  the INBOUND and OUTBOUND legs ... maybe not.

Take a look.

Glenn

Glenn,

There is no SQUIR waypoint in the RNAV approach with either Navigraph or NavDataPro data, cycle 1713.

Where are you getting that from?  The IAF displays as MATTY followed by HAGIK and then the RW24.

It's depicted identical to the approach plate.

Dave:

Here is the exact sequence of events:

1) Sel NEW plan

2) Sel KFRG as DEPARTURE airport ( by clicking on the airport on the map)

3) Sel KFOK as the DESTINATION airport (by clicking on the airport on thr map)

4) Click APPR

5) Sel Runway RW24,  Approach: RNAV-RW24-R24, Transition MATTE

6) Click LOAD

7) Flight plan displays correctly, with MATTY followed by HAGIK snd then RW24. (All looks good)

8) Click VALIDATE (All still looks good)

9) Click FILE : (Takes a long time to process)

10) Flight plan corrupted.  RACETRACT position shifts down on map,  IAF identified as SQUIR. 

Actually flight plan shows 2 SQUIRS. The distance between the 2 racetrack turns is shown as 0.1nm and then 0.1nm till next turn.

a) Then comes SQUIR via direct, TRK 236, Dist 4.0 NM

b)  Then comes another SQUIR Via ILS-RW24-I24, trk 236 Dist 0.0 nm ( THATS ZERO miles)

c) Then comes KFOK I24-RW24

It appears that all is good until you hit "File" then it all gets corrupted.

I have no clue where this SQUIR comes from!

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Dave:

If you tell me how to post a screenshot to the reply , I have one showing the full p2atc screeen with the corrupted flight plan.

glenn

You can search AVSIM help for how to post a screenshot or you could email it to me.

I suspect your settings on the Flt Pln tab of config are causing P2A to calculate all new procedures when you press File.  If you could take a screenshot of that tab and email to me at admin@pilot2atc.com, I will see if I can duplicate the issue.

If you want to keep the RNAV approach as the active approach when you File, then you need to have ATC Assigns Approaches unchecked.

Thanks,

Dave