Sign in to follow this  
Tibbi

Prepar3D v4 Best Aircraft

Hey,

I looked for a short or middle haul plane with a high system depht. I doesnt wan´t a Turboprop plane expect the Dash 8. 

Can you write some Aircrafts but not PMDG?

20 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

TFDI 717????

Yes, and very reasonably priced.  They had a disaster of a launch exactly a year ago, but have improved the plane immensely with frequent patches/support since then.

Stay away from the Aerosoft CRJ.  It's still not ready for prime time.

FSLabs A320 would also fit your needs however it is a bit more expensive.

I would suggest the 737 or the FSL A320x.  Both are quite fun tbh.  The A320x seems a bit more complicated but I spend my time equally between the two.  Note I also own the 717 which is quite fun, however it suffers from the CTD when switching views.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

Also, iFly's 737 is on sale TODAY for $56, which includes the following models:

737-600/700/700ER/800/900/900ER/BBJ/BBJ2/BBJ3

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hilkiah said:

I would suggest the 737 or the FSL A320x.  Both are quite fun tbh.  The A320x seems a bit more complicated but I spend my time equally between the two.  Note I also own the 717 which is quite fun, however it suffers from the CTD when switching views.

Ive never had the TFDI 717 crash changing views. Just because you have this problem doesn't mean its the product. It could be caused by another 3rd party product.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

FSLabs A320 fits the criteria and you cannot go a lot higher system depth than that :)

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

5 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I have exactly the opposite experience. The Aerosoft CRJ works very well on my system and it is one of my favorite planes. The FSL has all kinds of little issues and is heavy on system resources.

Peter

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Yes, and very reasonably priced.  They had a disaster of a launch exactly a year ago, but have improved the plane immensely with frequent patches/support since then.

As Gregg says I would also add the MadDog MD80 is coming out hopefully towards the end of this month. That will be a buy on release aircraft.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

A really top jetliner for me is one with random failures (as in real life) and separate engines (as in real life) Not just one engine simulated and the other one just a copy of the first. 

Jos

A bigger plane like the 737? But not PMDG.

Also an Airliner. What is with the 757 by CaptianSim is the plane good or bad for the price. 

The big two (A320 and 737), plus some other alternatives...

Biggest bang for your bucks in terms of what is included for the price of an airliner add-on which is highly realistic, is probably the iFly Boeing 737 NG, since it includes almost every NG variant, thus it actually gives you nine different aeroplane variants, but, if you only wanted to use the most common NG (which is the 737-800), then the other ones you get are really only going to be an interesting bonus, still, it's definitely an add-on worth having because it does give you a very broad range of extremes, from the diminutive 600 variant up to the very large 900 version. About the only thing the iFly 737 NG lacks in comparison to the PMDG 737 NG, is the fact that the HGS display is not collimated on the iFly version, whereas it is on the PMDG 737, so if you use Track IR, the PMDG one offers a little bit more visual realism from the pilot seat in that regard. Other than that, there really is little to choose between the two. Avoid the Ariane 737 NG, it's not that it isn't any good, it's just that it is very expensive and does not really offer anything to warrant that expense, plus it has a very convoluted registration process which is horrible and that makes it a pain to install.

The  brand new Captain Sim Boeing 757 might be worth a look, since it is cheaper than the iFly 737 and although you only get one variant (equipped with Pratt and Whitney PW200 engines), like the real 757, that included variant offers a higher maximum number of allowable passengers than any 737, including the 900, owing to its larger number of emergency exits (if you like simulating real passenger numbers). Like most 757s with different engine fits, although the the Pratt and Whitney powered 757 in the initial CS 757 is not as powerful as the Rolls Royce RB211-engined versions, the PW200 757s are still vastly overpowered for the aeroplane's size, since it was designed to be a good cargo aeroplane, so the 757 is an airliner which you are able to fill up with fuel/passengers/cargo and not worry about being able to get the thing off a short runway even in high temperatures. The jury's still out on how good the CS 757 is since it only went on sale a couple of days ago, but early reports seem to be quite favouable.

That's your Boeing's covered (unless one includes the 717, which is really a Douglas DC-9 lol), so of course there are other choices, including that TFDI 717 and the Aerosoft CRJ. But as far as the main rival to those Boeings goes, that would be the Airbus, and most probably the A318, A319, A320 & A321. You've got a few choices here, primarily three, these being the Aerosoft A320/321, the Flight Sim Labs A320, and the Black Box Simulations A318, A319, A320 & A321.

Of these, the most complex and detailed one is without question the FSL A320. It's expensive and it can be hard on your PC in terms of frame rates (although there are many options to alleviate this, such as lower resolution texture choices and so on), but if you want total realism, or as near as possible to that, then it is the one to go for, but it is only one aeroplane - the A320 - albeit with two extremely well simulated different engine variants (CFM 56 and IAE V2500) which are very detailed in their differences.

Then you've got the Aerosoft A320/321. Aerosoft are in the process of developing a newer version of this, but at present the one they have for sale is pretty well detailed, not quite as obsessively so as the FSL A320, but it's certainly close enough to please you so long as you don't want to be simulating very detailed failures and it does simulate both the A320 and the A321 to quite a detailed level, including both the IAE V2500 and the CFM 56 engines, and both winglet and non-winglet airframes.

There is also the BBS Airbus, in fact several of them, from the A330 and A340, to the A318, A319, A320 & A321. For what you are looking at (i.e. a medium hauler), they do offer quite a lot of value, in that their A320 package also includes the A318, A319 and the A321, so that's four different aeroplanes with three different engine variants for those too, the CFM 56, IAE V2500 and the Pratt and Whitney PW6122A/PW6124A which are sometimes fitted to A318s. Worthy of note here is that the A318 offers the opportunity to fly an unusual real-world route for such a small airliner, that being the transatlantic  London City Airport to New York JFK (via Shannon for a refueling stop on the westbound leg) which BA operates, this flight carries only 32 passengers, in an A318 configured for all business class seating as opposed to the A318s normal maximum passenger capacity of between 107 and 132 passengers, so it's pretty roomy on that transatlantic BA A318 lol. The A318 is one of the very few jet airliners certified to be able to do this since it requires an ETOPs rating and a much steeper than normal approach when landing at London City airport (5.5 degrees as opposed to the more typical 3 degrees for normal airliner approaches), thus the A318 features different software to other A320 derivatives to allow it to deploy spoilers automatically on the descent with attendant different audio warnings.

As an interesting side note. BBS have come in for a lot of stick over the years, and to be frank, a lot of it was entirely justified, however, their Airbus products are actually not bad and to their credit, they do actually let you try demo versions of all their products before you part with any cash, so you can make your own decision on whether they float your boat. Personally, I do own their Airbus A340 and I think it is a pretty good add-on which has some nice features, for example, it has a properly simulated nosewheel steering tiller which is independent of the rudder system. So, you've not really got anything to lose in trying out their demo version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Also, iFly's 737 is on sale TODAY for $56, which includes the following models:

737-600/700/700ER/800/900/900ER/BBJ/BBJ2/BBJ3

Can you please tell us where? ;)

Only found the FSX Version on FSPilots for that price you mentioned.

I'd wait just a few days and get the Leonardo Maddog, supposed to be released first half of January. It's a remake of the most immersive Airliner ever made for FS, including Goodies like True Glass and True Light by TFDI.

More infos on the Flythemaddog Facebook page.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080