Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

RealAir Turbine Duke control problems

Does anyone face a problem where after some time (like 30 minutes) of flying with the RealAir Turbine Duke once autopilot disengages the aircraft enters a crazy roll /dive/climb ?

By having this issue multiple times I have nailed the problem down to the following phenomenon (not the cause).

One of the Aileron/Elevator/Rudder gets in to FULL deflection in the background but autopilot prevents it from applying the forces.

Once I disengage the autopilot the aircraft dives/climbs in to a crazy spiral dive/climb.

The axis that is in full deflection has no affect by the joystick and only via the keypad (i.e. for Aileron only option is Numpad 4 - 6 buttons for left - right roll and 5 to center).

So autopilot disengage, the dive commences, I press 5 to center ailerons and 4 or 6 to level wings while using the joystick to correct again the pitch with the elevator.

While landed on ground I check the control surfaces movement and the joystick disables axis indeed does not move the specific control (i.e. aileron) but the rest (elevator, rudder) do visually move.

I checked P3D failures, but nothing is failed (controls etc.).

I checked FSUIPC joystick calibration and the axises are properly working.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling.

I tried installing the duke inside P3D and outside P3D.

P3Dv3

Windows10

ASN+ASCA for weather

ChasePlane camera

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

My theory is that something is impacting the SimConnect channel and breaking the connection between the sim and the aircraft. What I would try is to  start the sim with the default scenario and a default aircraft. Then change the aircraft to the Duke and save that as the new default scenario. Always start with that revised default scenario. See if that helps.

Thanks, I do have this set up since day 1 though. I launch P3Dv3 with the default Cub in a remote light scenery location. This is my default start up flight. From there I load all other scenarios.

If it was a simconnect issue would I not have it from the start of the flight or in other applications ?

I do not have any issues in other add on's that use simconnect.

Also the problem occurs after some half+ hour of flying it is not at the start of the session.

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Interesting.  Why only one plane, I wonder.  My first thought would be a corruption of Simconnect used by FSUIPC.  Perhaps you could try using P3D controls as a test instead of FSUIPC.  Also, FSUIPC has an option to send the axis directly to P3D instead of through their calibration.  What other airplanes do you fly?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

What other airplanes do you fly?

FSLabs Concorde, PMDG 737/747, CaptainSim 727, Majestic Q400, Eaglesoft CitationX and Carenado light GA stuff.

I have never had this issue.

I will try to reinstall over the top FSUIPC. In the past it had fixed some issues I had.

I am not sure but something like this must have occured to me also, but i cant tell for sure since it was an unattended flight .When i came back it was seconds before crash during the dive....

Following this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

It may have happened to me as well but I've also had it happen occasionally with others.  My second thought about this case, late last night, was that, perhaps, some command was sent to P3D by some software.  I, also, use FSUIPC and LINDA but I don't use AS4.  Pretty sure I was on autopilot.  Don't think anything else was running.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I should add that I have seen this same issue but only rarely and only with the RealAir TD.

This isn't wake turbulence from active sky is it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nope.

Just a control stuck on far end (i.e. Airleron max right) which takes effect after autopilot disengage.

While this happens Elevator from joystick works fine, aileron is unaffected by joystick and only affected by keyboard.

It's not turbulence or Failures. I've tried turning both off. What I posted on Tuesday worked for me. 

What GNS or GTN are people using when this happens? 

Gregg Seipp

OK I am continuing the tests, every time in same flight, and I still get the problem.

I am flying on two GTN750 set up.

This is my set up

http://hellasga.com/gallery/kyp/fs/P3D/RealAir-Duke/Screen-Shot-12-31-17-at-08_41-PM

This is what I changed this time but it DID NOT solve the problem.

Load always Cold & Dark : DISABLED and I created my own cold and dark start up flight and I used this to start the flight.

I changed from P3D Controllers to disabling them via P3D and enabling FSUIPC direct axis control.

This time I flew away from clouds avoiding getting in contact with them. (In ASN I have Option-->Max Cloud Icing-->100 but never had a problem)

En Route Temps were at -32C / -25F

I have nailed it down more accurately as to what happens.

Its the AILERONS which give full deflection to the RIGHT and there is no control of them with joystick.

Only KEYPAD ( 4-5-6 ) can control them once this happens.

You find out only when you turn off Autpilot En route.

This is my Flight Plan if you operate the Duke with GTN770 and would like to test the same flight.

LGAV PIKAD L53 PARNA LGKR

FPN/RI:F:LGAV:F:PIKAD.L53.PARNA:F:LGKR and make this a text file with filename LGAV-LGKR.gfp

Move it to P3D\F1TGTN\FPL

I depart direct PIKAD climbing FL240.

Arrival planned for LGKR is VOR W 35 direct KRK from PARNA point.

Some time after ELVAS point while en route at FL240 the problem occurs and you find out only if you disengage autopilot.

5 minutes ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

I am flying on two GTN750 set up.

Flight1 GTN?  Also, try flying your route in heading mode.

Gregg Seipp