Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Forum so slow....

2 minutes ago, n4gix said:

It's running pretty fast for me! :wink:

Now, not so much an couple hours ago.:ha:

The last few days avsim can compete with the best.

Jim

CYWG

• Like 1

Yes, it's definitely been better the last couple of days.

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Yes, much better for the past few days now.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Is today when the new server/bandwidth coming online? For the past few days the forums (fora?) have been glacial.

Many thanks,

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Today is the day.  It won't be immediate though as only the new server is being installed.  Other things have to be done like provisioning.  Thanks again to all who contributed.

Best regards,

Jim

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Will be glad to see this. As pgde said, it's glacial. Click and wait, and wait, and wait some more.

Sue

I and the Moderators agree and hope things turn around soon.  Heard a new sim called P3D (sp?) will be released next week and it would be nice to have our forums running smoothly and super fast with the new server for that event (if it happens; you know, rumors, rumors, rumors).  Heard about the P3D release from Vic (VGBaron) who I'm thinking about making a moderator to work that forum once it gets released.  Someone told me they heard on other website forums a v4.2 was already released! That can't be! Our site is not that slow!  Those other sites all seem to get the latest news first.  Don't know why!  🙄

Brian, the AVSIM Tech, who did an outstanding job flying into this area (Northern Virginia) to install the new server in rainstorms on Saturday, did tell us today the migration has begun from the old server to the new server and we should see some faster surfing soon.  I hope so as it is a bummer for the Moderating Team as well as our loyal members.

Best regards,

Jim

• Like 2

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This new version of P3D sounds interesting.  I've never heard of a P3D "SP".... :smile:

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

How is the server upgrade coming along?  I'm still seeing (at times) extremely slow response on the forum.

Hopefully the AVSIM Tech will respond but he stated recently the transfers from the old to the new server is continuing and it will take some time (not further identified).

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM

It seems to be doing better today, so far.  Not as sluggish as it has been the last several days.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Testing a reply to see how long it takes to post.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

It still is a bit slow but thanks for the update Jim I see that things are still being transferred.

Caleb Byers

Just wanted to say "thank you" to all of the donors.  The forum is noticeably faster and more stable on the new server.  Glad you guys got all of the kinks worked out.

• Like 2