Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Forum so slow....

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Thanks to Brian, the AVSIM Tech.

Ditto.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Today the forum is all but useless...30 sec. to 90 sec. to change pages. I find it worse using Firefox, but even with IE it's very slow.

Just seems to get progressively worse. Sometimes it's not as slow, but the general progression seems to be slower, and slower.

Will probably start using other forums, like Flightsim.com, as AVSIM has become an exercise in patience futility.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just for the record, it took 32 seconds to load this page.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, pgde said:

Just for the record, it took 32 seconds to load this page.

The AVSIM tech may still be making some upgrade changes.  It was much faster earlier today.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

18 hours ago, charliearon said:

The AVSIM tech may still be making some upgrade changes.  It was much faster earlier today.

Not seeing much improvement today Charlie.  I was trying to respond to your reply about you working on the Whale back in your Navy days....page took over 30 secs to load.   Not sure what's been happening to Avsim in the past year or so, but I've never seen the performance worse in my 15+ years here (Unless you count the hack days...where the page response time was infinity) :blink:

Is there some kind of cache or something that could be causing the issue?

(Oh and this thread took even longer to open....arrgh....quite the oxymoron...the thread notifying Avsim that the site is agonizingly slow...is agonizingly slow, LOL)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

48 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Not seeing much improvement today Charlie.  I was trying to respond to your reply about you working on the Whale back in your Navy days....page took over 30 secs to load.   Not sure what's been happening to Avsim in the past year or so, but I've never seen the performance worse in my 15+ years here (Unless you count the hack days...where the page response time was infinity) :blink:

Is there some kind of cache or something that could be causing the issue?

(Oh and this thread took even longer to open....arrgh....quite the oxymoron...the thread notifying Avsim that the site is agonizingly slow...is agonizingly slow, LOL)

It was quicker this morning about 5:00AM PDST but now seems slower.  I'm guessing this will be a WIP for a while

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Terrible here on my end...

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

It was quicker this morning about 5:00AM PDST but now seems slower.  I'm guessing this will be a WIP for a while

Thanks Charlie!   I'll just give it time and hopefully the site performance will start to improve.

FYI I was an East Coast Sailor, worked on the SH-3 Seaking (Yeah I'm a rotorhead to boot! Hehe) 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I have noticed after a marked improvements the forums have slowed again, especially the screenshots forum where not all the images are loading, a repeat of a problem that happened several weeks ago.  I notice that the forums seem to be waiting for google analytics when I look at what is loading on the bottom of my screen.

John

I am getting a lot of errors the AVSIM P3D Configuration Guide download screen will not appear so the guide can be downloaded.  There is a long delay when one clicks on the download button and members think the download has failed and hits the download button again and then the error file not available appears.  I have notified the AVSIM Tech but he has a day job and may not have access to the system at FL390 or in foreign countries.  He constantly travels.  I do not see a problem with the site speed and investigating Screen shot Forum.

Edited by Jim Young
To add I see no problem with the speed or screenshot forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

37 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

especially the screenshots forum where not all the images are loading, a repeat of a problem that happened several weeks ago.

I have investigated this and see no problems with the screenshot forum.  Most of the topics are loading super-fast as normal.  Right clicked one of the image files for one member whose images are not appearing and clicked on view image and it shows the image contain errors.  When an image cannot be downloaded because it contains errors, it is trying and stops others from immediately displaying.

There are problems and then there are not problems so it appears the AVSIM Tech is currently working on the system and trying to fix the problem.

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Horribly slow loading of AVSim pages this morning.  28 March, 2018, 0553 EDT.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yep, everything is taking forever to load today. Much worse than usual.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

It has been reported.  I would like to see it all fixed too!!

Submit News to AVSIM

It's running pretty fast for me! :wink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator