Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

Major Slow-down

Hi, I am running 4.1 and installed Chase Plane and ORBX SC and my FPS went down to about 20. Now I installed UTL and FPS are about 7-10. I have an I7, 32 gb RAM, 980TI. It is pretty much unplayable. I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Best

Bernd

Deleted shaders and the cfg file and let it rebuild but same problem. Do you have any ideas what else to do?

Thanks

Bernd

Without more infos about your hardware hard to say for sure, but it's likely you overloaded your system. Turn down settings (reduce AI traffic as first step) and try again.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Thanks Joe, hardware is outlined in 1st post. I had ORBX for Southern Cal with no problems and just bought ORBX for Germany. Does anyone have problems with that?

Thanks

Bernd, I get 30s with an early i7,16 GBvram, and a GTX 970.  You should too.  The answer is out there, first step I would take is disable the camera and other software, see what happens

-Braun

Hello Bernd

I understand you have Chase plane and FTX Orbx Scenery But what other Add Ons do you have ? 

• Upvote 1

Hi Elaine,

I have Frankfurt Airport 2, UTL, all PMDG planes and the Q400. I deleted Chase Plane but have the problem now that even if the plane is not moving on the ground FPS jump from 7 to 25 FPS and back. I opened another listing about this sorry. I have a new shaders and cfg file. Have not made any changes on them. Can you help ???

Thanks

Bernd

What time of the day are you flying? I had major FPS drop at night time after installing UTL. Then I realized that it did not happen everywhere. The problem was related with dynamic lights. Some 3rd party airports are not properly optimised for v4. They just cannot handle the load of many light sources from AI planes. Actually turning all lights on PDMG 737 can cause 10 fps drop. 100% AI traffic brought my FPS to 3-7 at OrbX ESSA but only at night/dusk.

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

Thanks Kati,  I was running it during the day. Tried ORBX and non-ORBX airports with the same result. I ran the test and don´t have the Intel chip slowdown. I can´t remember what changes I did to the cfg file before all the problems started, it was running great with those changes. Now I have a virgin cfg file with all problems. Maybe I turn off dynamic lights later but that was never an issue before. Thanks so much for your ideas.

Bernd

Check that Windows "Game mode" is disabled if you are running Windows 10.

Robin

Thanks Robin. I turned it off but unfortunately it did not make a big difference. I need to find the optimal settings for v4.

Best

Bernd

Which i7 CPU do you have? It sounds like you're CPU-limited..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

4790, but never had a problem before, always at 30+ FPS. I then installed new video driver, chase plane, orbx Germany and UTL. New cfg and shaders.

Thanks

Bernd

On 1/4/2018 at 10:24 PM, katsa said:

What time of the day are you flying? I had major FPS drop at night time after installing UTL. Then I realized that it did not happen everywhere. The problem was related with dynamic lights. Some 3rd party airports are not properly optimised for v4. They just cannot handle the load of many light sources from AI planes. Actually turning all lights on PDMG 737 can cause 10 fps drop. 100% AI traffic brought my FPS to 3-7 at OrbX ESSA but only at night/dusk.

During Dusk/Dawn with high cloud coverage, I have a FPS loss of 80%. This is caused by the shadows i found out. If i turn the off during dusk/dawn I do not have any impact on FPS anylonger, just to let you know, probably this helps.

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️