Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

CaptainSim 757 NOT a beta but 1.0 release

I don't know about the rest of you but CaptainSim announced that the 757 that was released yesterday is not a open beta they polled about but a v1.0 release. They of course did not mention this until 24hrs after the sale had started. So if your thinking it's a beta, it's not. It's a very buggy v1.0 release for sure. Especially at the $75 price tag. 

Announcement

Per CS" Just to clarify as some people are a little confused on the 757 release status, and call it "Beta 4", "open beta" etc 

The Beta 4 was released for in-house testing in December and never was available for purchase. Even after the poll was 87% YES.

After the Beta 4 we released for in-house testing Beta 09. Which never was available for purchase either. 

The current (and the only) version available for purchase is 1.0, which was never announced or advertised as Beta.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

It's NOT a "very buggy release". It  has less issues then other comparable planes from FSLabs, PMDG, etc.  when they were released.  No plane when released is perfect but that's a mischaracterization.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I agree that it is buggy, but I would say it's also a bit flawed. The engine physics modelling is reminiscent of default FSX aircraft where it may as well not even be a jet engine because you can spool up or down in no time at all. The engine sounds are also nothing special, extremely quiet at idle as well. I will say I appreciate the autopilot and FMS is working quite well at this point but it seems they've really botched the immersion.

19 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

It's NOT a "very buggy release". It  has less issues then other comparable planes from FSLabs, PMDG, etc.  when they were released.  No plane when released is perfect but that's a mischaracterization.

Sorry Lenny but I've seen some give it hi praise and others talk about CTD a few times before they got in the air.  Yes everything releases with bugs.  Oh well such is life.  CS released a product they said it was a Beta. Which means ACTIVE development.  By swapping it to a release version after so many purchased it is a slap to the face.  This in a sense means they think it's stable enough in it's current version to go long periods without major updates so no longer in active development but more on the lines of "we'll get to it when we get to it" which in their track record has been horrid.  I've been waiting on promised fixes that almost render their C-130 worthless (sounds especially) for nearly a decade.  I truly hope everything got the product they think they deserve, but to swap the release variant like this almost feels like some good people got swindled.  Just wow.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

22 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Well many on there forums who have been reporting issues such as spool up, radio tuning, reversers, sounds, etc. I myself have come across a few after a second day of flying it. My auto-throttle stopped responding during decent, I couldn't get the ILS back to Auto Mode. The cockpit lighting at dusk are delayed until complete night. Yes I can fly it but it is buggy for the price. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

As CS has clearly stated "What's the difference the initial release version number make? We'd call it 0.1 or 11.5."

Funny I have heard something similar from another popular person, LOL 

• Upvote 1

Dan

I am just shocked that a flight sim developer would push a buggy, overpriced product out the door. Shocked! :dry:

• Upvote 6

Funny how CaptainSim didn't correct anyone for over 24 hours when the entire FlightSim Community to include Facebook, Forums, and Twitch Streamers were referring to it as the BETA release. I guess they didn't want to hurt sales. Even FSElite had to post a correction an hour ago.  

Dan

21 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I am just shocked that a flight sim developer would push a buggy, overpriced product out the door. Shocked! :dry:

Are You? I mean are you really?

Lol...I'm not. It seems this behavior is becoming more and more mainstream.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Are You? I mean are you really?

Lol...I'm not. It seems this behavior is becoming more and more mainstream.

I think his post might have been sarcastic :biggrin:

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

Sorry Lenny but I've seen some give it hi praise and others talk about CTD a few times before they got in the air.  Yes everything releases with bugs.  Oh well such is life.  CS released a product they said it was a Beta. Which means ACTIVE development.  By swapping it to a release version after so many purchased it is a slap to the face.  This in a sense means they think it's stable enough in it's current version to go long periods without major updates so no longer in active development but more on the lines of "we'll get to it when we get to it" which in their track record has been horrid.  I've been waiting on promised fixes that almost render their C-130 worthless (sounds especially) for nearly a decade.  I truly hope everything got the product they think they deserve, but to swap the release variant like this almost feels like some good people got swindled.  Just wow.

Have you visited their forum? I see the developers have actively been involved opening a thread for bugs and future requests. So to us who have purchased it believing it was beta and in fact well over 85% of people were polled indicating they would buy the beta what has changed? Absolutely nothing. And to you who actually bought it have you posted your issues/requests on the forum? Probably not.

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Well many on there forums who have been reporting issues such as spool up, radio tuning, reversers, sounds, etc. I myself have come across a few after a second day of flying it. My auto-throttle stopped responding during decent, I couldn't get the ILS back to Auto Mode. The cockpit lighting at dusk are delayed until complete night. Yes I can fly it but it is buggy for the price. 

I haven't had any of those problems. The spool up issue doesn't effect the flight of the aircraft. It spools very quickly but the reality is if this effected in any way the flight dynamics or anything else I would want it changed immediately. it doesn't.  The sound set? Are you kidding me.? The sounds are great. You do know they were made by TSS studios right? Have you ever bought their sound packs for other crafts? I guess not.

8 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I haven't had any of those problems. The spool up issue doesn't effect the flight of the aircraft. It spools very quickly but the reality is if this effected in any way the flight dynamics or anything else I would want it changed immediately. it doesn't.  The sound set? Are you kidding me.? The sounds are great. You do know they were made by TSS studios right? Have you ever bought their sound packs for other crafts? I guess not.

We’re in this who entire posting did I say I had the sound issues? Read before you point a finger. I clearly stated what others had posted and what I experienced. And I clearly listed what I encounters and it says nothing about sound.

Dan

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

We’re in this who entire posting did I say I had the sound issues? Read before you point a finger. I clearly stated what others had posted and what I experienced. And I clearly listed what I encounters and it says nothing about sound.

Well maybe instead of parroting falsehoods you could keep to your own opinions because you see when you state that "many" you seen to suggest there is actually an issue. There isn't.

Just now, Lenny777 said:

Well maybe instead of parroting falsehoods you could keep to your own opinions because you see when you state that "many" you seen to suggest there is actually an issue. There isn't.

I read it in the CaptainSim forums as I stated above.  How is that falsehood or my opinion when I referenced the source. I posted what are the top topics posted over there. And I clearly stated what I encountered.  

Dan