Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

What is this?!

Hi all and a happy new year!

I was flying into LEIB (Ibiza) yesterday and a strange thing happened!

Right at the start of the approach path, floating 2000ft above the sea and going up to an altitude of maybe 5-6000ft, was this concrete pole.. (see picture attached)!

I have Aerosoft's Ibiza Evolution, but disabling that in the scenery library doesn't remove this structure, nor does reducing the mesh resolution. I do have UTX Europe and I haven't tweaked with that - but there's no conflicting airports or AFDs for the area. The exact position of this object is in the screenshot (N39 3.93, E1 50.80)  if you want to have a look yourself. It wasn't a graphics artifact or spike caused by overworking the CPU or GPU, I loaded up again after I'd landed and slewed out to it and it was still there in the same spot.

Any idea what's causing it?!

2018-1-1_22-7-40-30_zpsizhmme5j.png

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Space Aliens?

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Just think about realism here. The higher you go the thinner the air and also allot colder :biggrin:

It's an aircraft going 300knots leave an trail of air behind 

I haved twice this problem, one in New Zeeland and one near Zurich.

It seem to be conflics between addons or meshs, propably a vector not correctly finished. When I disabled the concerned scenery, the problem stopped. 

It's the arrival of the Festivus pole! *  :biggrin:

* Festivus:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Rod lighting as apposed to fork lighting.:laugh:  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Look for Scenery Config Editor - it will notify you if a terrain has an error, remove that bad terrain et cetera.

Lol at some of these replies :laugh:

On 05/01/2018 at 7:49 PM, Zatoichi said:

Look for Scenery Config Editor - it will notify you if a terrain has an error, remove that bad terrain et cetera.

Thanks! Not showing any errors, but the problem disappeared when I de-activated UTX Europe (v2), so looks like that's where the problem is...

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S