Sign in to follow this  
aatd

UHD Tv Spec -- Requested

I would like to purchase a ~50" UHD tv as a monitor for either FSX or Prepar3d.  I need to know the basic spec for a UHD tv.  Assume that most of the available vendors know little/nothing about flight sims; and are in fact are really TV only "authorities".

I'll add, that I: (1) am not a techy;  (2) prefer to spend more time using the sim than tweaking the performance;  and (3) live in Canada which means recommendations on vendors and tv model numbers probably won't be applicable from most users on this forum.  

Can someone give me the most basic spec that I need to ask for?

Many thanks,

Brian

I'm not sure I understand your question - "UHD" is the basic spec, so get any one and it will work with FSX or P3D. I am assuming you are confident your computer is powerful enough to drive it. 8Mp is a big ask.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks Mark,

I will pull together my pc spec and post it to gather advice on whether or not it is sufficient,

Regards,

Brian

Most TVs have their spec/manual listed online .. I assume you mean 4K UHD?  (there is also 8K UHD - less common) 

I would look for a TV that can operate at 30Hz as well as it can at 60Hz.  For smoothness I run XP11, P3D V4, and FSW at 30Hz.  AF2 and other games I run at 60Hz.  It's good to have the "native" option of 30Hz and 60Hz.

I made a video here for setting up a Samsung 8500 series 4K UHD TV here: 

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=iu5V9a1tGfI

Cheers, Rob.