Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

P3D v4 PMDG NAV DATA Out Of Date

Hi to all P3D v4 simmers. Installed AIRAC 1713 ver 1. After loading either PMDG 747 or 777 I get FMC message NAV DATA Out Of Date. FMC shows Dec07Jan03/18 and such FMC message showed always from the last week. How to fix it? Nav Data is up to date but FMC won't see.

Patricio Valdes

Make sure the date in P3D matches the date range for the navdata.

23 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

Make sure the date in P3D matches the date range for the navdata.

Do you mean after launching P3Dv4 sim and to change date from there? If so, It looks like PMDG doesn't look the info from the own AIRAC which it has the correct date.

Patricio Valdes

14 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Do you mean after launching P3Dv4 sim and to change date from there? If so, It looks like PMDG doesn't look the info from the own AIRAC which it has the correct date.

Yes, the date on the scenario page. I'm not sure what you mean by the last part. AFAIK, PMDG just looks at the date that's set in the sim, and if that's outside of the date range for navdata, you get the message.

35 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the last part.

I meant, I thought PMDG FMC looks at the date from cycle_info.txt file located inside of LM\p3dv4\pmdg\navdata folder.

AIRAC cycle    : 1713
Version        : 1
Valid (from/to): 07/DEC/2017 - 03/JAN/2018

Patricio Valdes

It would to see what the airac cycle valid dates are, but what’s being suggested above is that it needs to compare the airac dates to the sim date to determine if they’re out of date or not.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Guest JustanotherPilot

I had problems with the Airac not recognized by the NGX after it was updated via the Navigraph manager, I managed to fix  it by downloading separately and manually installing. Apparently the auto install was corrupt.....might be worth a try.

Patricio,

I might be able to help because I recall having this issue a long while ago.  If you are going to be updating the AIRAC info regularly, you need to go to the Options - Application  setup page and make sure that "Use system time for default scenario" is checked.  Assuming your PC's system time is correct the scenario will use that and will be within the current AIRAC range.  If you don't have that setting checked, when P3D reaches the scenario setup page it will use a default Date & Time setting (including the year) which will be well outside of your updated AIRAC effective dates and that's probably why you are seeing that message.

It's the same issue with the dates that the others were referring to up above, but once you've made that setting change you won't have to remember to manually change the scenario Date & Time every time.  Hope that helps.

Cheers, Kevin 

Kevin S

Navigraph does NOT update the NAVDATA of P3D itself, only for the Addons you use (AS, PMDG etc.). To update the P3D data you need update packages from fsaerodata or aero.sors.fr

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

16 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Navigraph does NOT update the NAVDATA of P3D itself, only for the Addons you use (AS, PMDG etc.). To update the P3D data you need update packages from fsaerodata or aero.sors.fr

The manual Navigraph installer will update P3d if it is selected from setup; not from Navigraph FMS Data Manager.

Patricio Valdes

18 hours ago, Kevlar01 said:

make sure that "Use system time for default scenario" is checked.

P3Dv4 sim had a different date 5/30/2017 ....... changed and PMDG worked as expected. Thanks sooooo much.

Patricio Valdes

20 hours ago, regis9 said:

It would to see what the airac cycle valid dates are, but what’s being suggested above is that it needs to compare the airac dates to the sim date to determine if they’re out of date or not.

You were correct. P3Dv4 had 5/30/2017 Thank you very much!

Patricio Valdes

You're quite welcome

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

P3Dv4 not saving the new Time. Do I need to change the Time all the time?

Patricio Valdes