Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Floating objects

Hello all, 

For some reason my little C172SP and some other objects / vehicle, are floating few feet above the ground. 

Inside the Cockpit I see more than one set of each button and they are floating too.

I think it require floor adjustment /fix, but I have no idea where to look for this feature

Besides, I have lot of stuttering & everything  is blurry, tried all kind of graphic configurations but so fare no luck 

Any thoughts ??

Cheers      

This sounds a bit like what I saw in X-Plane when I tried to use VR and forgot to disable TrackIR first. I hope your problem is as easy to fix as that was!

If you need to reset your floor, go into SteamVR settings and redo room setup. to find the correct height for flightsims measure the distance from your floor to eyelevel while you are sitting down, not your height when standing. In flightsimming we are always sitting down instead of standing up. 

..sorry can't find it, I go to setting and Developer and the only thing I find is under "Room & Tracking" Quick Calibrate, am I missing something ????   

20 hours ago, Muklum said:

This sounds a bit like what I saw in X-Plane when I tried to use VR and forgot to disable TrackIR first. I hope your problem is as easy to fix as that was!

.. I do not have TrackIR ... and so far I have no idea how to solve this issue (-: 

Probably need a bit more information. So far, I don't even know what sim you are using! Nor what VR headset. Or what type of computer... Or what settings....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Probably need a bit more information. So far, I don't even know what sim you are using! Nor what VR headset. Or what type of computer... Or what settings....

I use theI'm experimenting P11.2 with both the Lenovo & the new HP VR1000-100

Rid Spec

CPU Intel i7-4790KOC to 4.8GHZ

GPU Asus ROG Strix GTX980ti

Mem 32 GB DDR3 at 1866Mhz

Wind10 Pro 64Bit

XP is running from dedicated SSD.

Mostly stock 172SP & the Baron B58 with Ortho4XP

Slider at medium & I get between 40 to 50 over 90 FPS steady   

.. watched a few youtube setup tutorial try to implement a few things but things didn't get better ..... not sure if I should give up on VR at this point, cuz it is not really flyable

Cheers

Yair

I'm actually in XP vr right now (PHNL) and even with the settings up above medium getting acceptable FPS.......

Are you sure your computer is using your gpu and not onboard graphics?

Hmmmmm... A Lenovo..... Are you using flyinside?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

...it's frustrating It's all new to me & I have no idea what to do (-:

10 minutes ago, N1125Y said:

...it's frustrating It's all new to me & I have no idea what to do (-:

Download the latest flyinside demo and try again using that if you have not tried already: http://downloads.flyinside-fsx.com/FLYINSIDE_XP_PRO_1.91_VIVE_1000.exe

1.9 - 12/8/2017

• Adds support for Windows Mixed Reality headsets via SteamVR Mixed Reality driver
  • Vive & WMR controllers are now shown as hands, unified with Leap Motion / Oculus Touch
  • Major interaction fixes across all aircraft
  • Resolves FlyInside XP crash when used in conjunction with CEF (A320U beta)
  • Adds support for more X-Plane manipulator types
  • Fixes corrupted P3D4 tooltip texts
  • Resolves crash when model-parsing fails in FSX/P3D/P3D4
  • Fixes several bugs w/ FlyInside P3D4 not detecting intearction areas

OR:

Devons rig

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Download the latest flyinside demo and try again using that if you have not tried already: http://downloads.flyinside-fsx.com/FLYINSIDE_XP_PRO_1.91_VIVE_1000.exe

1.9 - 12/8/2017

• Adds support for Windows Mixed Reality headsets via SteamVR Mixed Reality driver
  • Vive & WMR controllers are now shown as hands, unified with Leap Motion / Oculus Touch
  • Major interaction fixes across all aircraft
  • Resolves FlyInside XP crash when used in conjunction with CEF (A320U beta)
  • Adds support for more X-Plane manipulator types
  • Fixes corrupted P3D4 tooltip texts
  • Resolves crash when model-parsing fails in FSX/P3D/P3D4
  • Fixes several bugs w/ FlyInside P3D4 not detecting intearction areas

OR:

.... yeah, this is my installed version

.. just got & installed 1080ti ..... not only It didn't solve the bad stuttering & blurriness but it laterally crashing to the desktop, $850 investment didn't do any good for the VR.

Considering my, HW spec, I thing it is more about tweaking both the GPU and My flyinside ...which I tried, unfortunate, whiteout luck  (-:   

My 2D, on the other hand is amazing (Samsung 40" 4K 120mhz Refresh rate) .. it is stunning ...but 2D days are for the past ....lol