Sign in to follow this  
Tokitaumelie

REX SkyForce - NGX Tontouta (NWWW) to Brisbane (YBBN)

Completed NGX test-run with SkyForce and ASP4. Flight planned via PFPX and exported to NGX, ASP4 as well as REX SkyForce (FPL details in SkyForce Thread - First-Look By Dave (Nyxx).

Specs: 4790K, 16GB DDR3 RAM and GTX980

2.jpg

3f96a2.jpg

10e383b.jpg

5cd7bf.jpg

89eb6b.jpg

64009e.jpg

71d246.jpg

41f7f6.jpg

91e5bf.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

• Upvote 5

Thx for sharing. What impressions had you performance wise (better/worse)? I'm not counting fps, more interessted in overall smoothness ...

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Thanks for testing. Can't say I am seeing anything that's worth a purchase though. Looks like the same old REX clouds to me. I just don't see the difference.

1 minute ago, JoeFackel said:

Thx for sharing. What impressions had you performance wise (better/worse)? I'm not counting fps, more interessted in overall smoothness ...

Hi Joe and Happy New Year.

Really smooth on a GTX980 and screen resolution of 1920 x 1080, framerate locked at 30.

Putting away some coins for now so I can afford a 1080Ti :-)

Kind regards

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Thanks for testing. Can't say I am seeing anything that's worth a purchase though. Looks like the same old REX clouds to me. I just don't see the difference.

Hi J

Happy New Year as well :-)

Also have REX TD & SC but Skyforce really feels smooth and I'm just starting to tinker with some of its settings.  Perhaps I never saw these in TD & SC/ASP4/PTA or ENVSHADE, so yes, could be just me.

That's on the plan though, will test with other addons and make comparison. 

Kind regards

Amazing! Thank you for posting Tokitaumelie.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

You DO know what Sky Force is and what it offers, yes? Sure you do, however you choose to troll every REX-related thread with the same mumbo jumbo.

• Upvote 3

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thanks for sharing. The cumulus clouds look thicker with higher walls. I am currently downloading rex SF and plan to use it with ASP4. 

• Upvote 1

I did a flight with RSF3D last night for the first time, and I was really impressed with the robust cloud formations. 

So far I am quite happy with the decision to purchase the software. 

1 hour ago, timest said:

Amazing! Thank you for posting Tokitaumelie.

You DO know what Sky Force is and what it offers, yes? Sure you do, however you choose to troll every REX-related thread with the same mumbo jumbo.

Would you be so kind to stop calling opinions about your product "mumbo jumbo'" ? This is a public forum and not a platform for your advertising.

• Upvote 1

I will stick with AS and ASCA with rex4

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

@timest Tim, there is an entire simulator over here (XP11) waiting for REX. We need high quality cloud textures badly, and lots of them. Come and join the party :cool:

• Upvote 5

Guest Mik75

Beautiful set of shots. Prior to ASCA, I’ve used REX4 and SC, and before that, is been REX Essential/OD for me. And I have to say, that the variety of CB clouds looks really nice and it’s something I’ve never seen before! And I was pretty sceptical after I’ve seen the official teaser video! 

14 hours ago, J van E said:

You did not see that huge thundercloud with an anvil in those pictures? an actual cloud formation like that has never been seen in flightsim before. Only individual cloud textures that look like it. There is a difference in how SF forms clouds. You may not see it or you may choose not to see it. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Thanks for sharing.

This is similar to what I was seeing this morning in my bit of flying.

I like it. I like ASCA too. I like having choices as well.

I don't know if I like one more than the other. Only a lot more flying time will tell.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

12 hours ago, tonywob said:

@timest Tim, there is an entire simulator over here (XP11) waiting for REX. We need high quality cloud textures badly, and lots of them. Come and join the party :cool:

If REX makes this for X-Plane 11 I'll buy it again with great pleasure.....hint.....hint :ampun:

• Upvote 1