Sign in to follow this  
thecanarian

Re-Install of SimConnect

I'm now at my wits end.

Preamble: I had to overwrite my existing 32bit Win 10 OS on my client PC with the 64bit version to get the upgrade to 1709 to work (that's a long story by itself). I took this as a good opportunity to only re-install the applications that make my networked configuration of FSX:SE on the server PC fun, namely AS16, AH2 and PFPX.

I have Installed and Repaired the simconnect.msi files from the folders RTM, SP1 and XPACK a couple of times now. I've made sure that the simconnect.cfg/ini/xml, files are all in the right (ad nauseam), all with he correct server IP address and Port no .......... and still nothing connects. I've punched holes in the Windows firewall and my Bullguard firewall and given read/write access to the relevant folders across the network (via Homegroup ..... no problems with Homegroup its now behaving better that it used to when the client PC was 32bit).

I've even un-installed AS16, then "repaired" simconnect, to make sure it was on my client PC before AS16 was loaded again.

What I would like is a way to determine if SimConnect is actually starting on my client PC, and if (as I suspect it ain't) an foolproof way of getting it to work.

I hope someone can help  :senyum::ampun:

Edited by thecanarian
grammar correction

Seems like I was an .msi short of a full load. There's also a simconnect.msi file lurking in ...\LIB\ that needed to be loaded.