Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Windows 10 + FreemeshX executable

I've noticed that with Win10-64, that the FreeMeshX install executables do not function.  Is this just me, or have any of you noticed it?   Various compatibility modes and admin do not work for me.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'm quite surprised to see that no Win10-64 users run FreeMeshX.   There must be a reason....hmm....

Rhett

Have you checked to make sure that they are not "blocked"? Win 10 will often do this to executable files copied from another system. 

Right click on the file and hit "properties". At the bottom, you should see a note stating, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to protect this computer." with a check box saying "Unblock" next to it. Check the box, and try to run the program(s) again.  

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I'm quite surprised to see that no Win10-64 users run FreeMeshX.   There must be a reason....hmm....

I run them together. Both work great!

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 3 January 2018 at 7:00 PM, Mace said:

I've noticed that with Win10-64, that the FreeMeshX install executables do not function.

Not heard of any problems with this before. Have you tried excluding it from your antivirus?

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

i discovered the problem.  The wget torrent that you download, did not work on my Win10 Pro 64 rig even with Defender disabled and UAC disabled -- it was downloading incomplete junk files.  I had to manually download each file needed.  They do give you the direct links to the .exe and .bin files, in one of the text files.

What is strange is that the incomplete .exe file didn't have the "unblock" text MD mentions, above.  It simply had a blank area in the properties dialog below the attributes.   I guess it didn't even have the proper header for an executable.   After I downloaded the installation exe via the direct link, it was about twice the size of the supposed installer .exe I had downloaded earlier.  Then I knew I was in the promised land.

Thanks for the replies you guys turned the gears in my head.

Rhett