Have a i7 6700k. Cooling is via a Corsair Hydro H115 Liquid Cooling system. Currently OC at 4.3ghz with HT on and fixed voltage of 1.25. With my settings and background processes running (ASP4, ASCA, vPilot, Simserver for RemoteCDU and an ACARs program) my Temps via CoreTemp are running from 65 to 90 degrees Celsius with it tending to hover around 80. Is this normal? I keep seeing in other forums people with higher clocks running in the 50's for temps. But then again it's not a flight Sim they are running. Long term it can't be good to run around 80 but don't understand why with liquid cooling it's high. 

Eric 

At 4.3 with 1.25 of voltage i think you are getting high temps, that cpu can easily go to 4.7, but dont even try if you are getting that at 4.3.

Check if everything is running well in your cooling system in the Corsair link app, change the profile to performance.

Also check the temps in the room where the pc is, and most important if the thermal paste is well applied, you need to change it to check that!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

2 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

At 4.3 with 1.25 of voltage i think you are getting high temps, that cpu can easily go to 4.7, but dont even try if you are getting that at 4.3.

Check if everything is running well in your cooling system in the Corsair link app, change the profile to performance.

Also check the temps in the room where the pc is, and most important if the thermal paste is well applied, you need to change it to check that!

Profile already set to performance for the liquid cooler. In the Corsair Link app under the H115i tab it shows at temperature of 48.6 Celsius. But the core temps still around 70 to 80 Celsius. It's below 70 degrees Fahrenheit in the room. Definitely not checking the thermal paste. I guess if it burns up down the road I'll just upgrade it and the motherboard. Going to try to reduce OC to 4.2 and lower the voltage to 1.23 fixed. Guess I lost the silicone lottery. 

Eric 

Maybe your cooler isn't seated all the way, or the thermal paste is not evenly distributed or too thick.

And losing the SILICONE lottery...is...well, I won't go there.  heh.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes, temps are high. I have a Noctua NH-D15 and overclocked to 4.6 ghz at about 20C ambient I see 75 degrees running the RealBench stress test. Lower than that in less stressful aplications.

You should get lower temps than me with a H115.

13 hours ago, Mace said:

Maybe your cooler isn't seated all the way, or the thermal paste is not evenly distributed or too thick.

This! But the guy wrote "Definitely not checking the thermal paste" so i rest my case :D

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync