Sign in to follow this  
great plains

X-Plane Add-on Compatibility Question

Perhaps, this question has been asked before. Anyway, my question is directed primarily to 'alpilotx' or anyone else who also knows the answer.  I have just installed X-Plane 11.  I'm interested in also installing 'alpilotx's' Orthoscenery, his HD Mesh v4 and his Forests mesh.  Are these applications compatible and do they work well together, or do I need to choose between them, either Orthoscenery or HD Mesh v4? or something else?  While the answer will be obvious to anyone who has installed these programs and knows how the programs are structured, I haven't seen anyone ask the question yet.

Thank you for considering my inquiry.

Yes they are compatible , Ortho is the real image of the world you will see under your aircraft , HD Mesh V4 does not use Orthos but very high latest DEM and latest OSM / some other data to populate the mesh with forests / houses etc..

But i think if you have Orthos and HD Mesh for the same area imo the one with the highest rank or whatever it's called will be used.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

16 hours ago, great plains said:

Perhaps, this question has been asked before. Anyway, my question is directed primarily to 'alpilotx' or anyone else who also knows the answer.  I have just installed X-Plane 11.  I'm interested in also installing 'alpilotx's' Orthoscenery, his HD Mesh v4 and his Forests mesh.  Are these applications compatible and do they work well together, or do I need to choose between them, either Orthoscenery or HD Mesh v4? or something else?  While the answer will be obvious to anyone who has installed these programs and knows how the programs are structured, I haven't seen anyone ask the question yet.

Thank you for considering my inquiry.

If you wouldn't make up product names :blink: but exactly say what you intend to use, that might make things easier to answer.

Because there is no:

• 'alpilotx' Orthoscenery (I do not make or release any kind of otho based scenery ... where ortho is used as the abreviation of othoimagery ... which again means aerial photographs - sat or airplane based - used for texturing)
  • Forest mesh (???)

Only HD Mesh v4 sounds halfway sane.

I think it can't be that hard to use the correct name from the Download list on my website (the Download drop down menu on top):

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/

Normally what you want to use is:

These two work together nicely.

With "Forest mesh" you maybe mean this ???:

This is very, very old from the time of XP8 and XP9 (thats why they are called "Old") when there was no acceptable forest overlays available. But you definitely do NOT want to use these with XP11 :-)

And your Ortho or HD Mesh question is answered too:

• Upvote 1