Sign in to follow this  
RonnieDuck

SIMBRIEF

Hello Captains

When PMDG released the DC-6, SIMBRIEF updated there fleetdate with the PMDG DC-6.

I was wondering if there is somebody here who can make the date for the BCF for SIMBRIEF.

Regards Ronald van Ingen

I would imagine using a standard 747-400 with adjusted MZFW/other weights should give you a reasonably accurate fuel prediction?  Or can you not adjust the weights in Simbrief?

3 hours ago, RonnieDuck said:

When PMDG released the DC-6, SIMBRIEF updated there fleetdate with the PMDG DC-6.

Mostly because I did it in conjunction with creating the PFPX profile that we shipped with the 6. That was me doing the work, not them (though I think they had to do some final formatting on the data to make it all work properly).

3 hours ago, RonnieDuck said:

I was wondering if there is somebody here who can make the date for the BCF for SIMBRIEF.

Just use the regular 747-400 profile. It's the same aerodynamic shape, though the weights might be slightly different. You may want to post a request in their forum to see if anyone in their community wants to take the 744 data and modify it ever so slightly. For now, though, just edit the 744 profile (or just use their 74F profile - close enough, and all cargo).

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

funny that we want to be more precise than the king ...

ie: Cathay used for their fleet of Pax, BCF and F in -400 only one profile with adjustment made for each frame ....  of course for those in the engine combo ... the fuel burn will be so little different that you wont notice it ... 

• Upvote 2