Sign in to follow this  
vhrob

Registration Number Mis-Match

I am working my through the Introduction for my new QOTSII. When I opened the FMC for the first time I noticed that the rego number, N747RR is not the same as the livery rego, N744PM.

The Introduction makes the point that the FMC rego and the livery rego should always be the same.

?? Can I correct this?

Rob Stevenson

The tutorial says to select this aircraft: PMDG 747-400 PMDG House (N744PM | 2017)

I've double-checked all the registrations/liveries for the aircraft, and they all seem to be fine.

I think you may have selected the PMDG 747-400 PMDG House (N744RR | 2017) - the Rolls-Royce house one.  They wanted you to select N744PM - the Pratt & Whitney one.

Cheers,

Rudy

No I am not in the tutorial Rudy, just doing cockpit familiarisation.

I selected N744PM and then once loaded I switch to outside view and the rego of the aircraft is N744PM. However, from the FMC, when I select PMDG Set Up/Aircraft the page is headed N744RR.

I have tried this 3 times and the result is always the same. When I load N744RR the livery matches the FMC. When I load N744GE the two also match. The error only occurs with N744PM.

Rob

6 hours ago, vhrob said:

However, from the FMC, when I select PMDG Set Up/Aircraft the page is headed N744RR.

Based on how we set the aircraft code up, this is very...odd.

Check the tail number in the simulator itself. What does it display as the reg in the aircraft.cfg or the sim's aircraft selection window?

Kyle Rodgers

As I remember it, this was a problem when 747v3 was first released, but it was fixed fairly quickly. Have you got the current version installed?

ki9cAAb.jpg

1 hour ago, kevinh said:

As I remember it, this was a problem when 747v3 was first released, but it was fixed fairly quickly. Have you got the current version installed?

I hope so, I downloaded it on 22nd December.

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Based on how we set the aircraft code up, this is very...odd.

Check the tail number in the simulator itself. What does it display as the reg in the aircraft.cfg or the sim's aircraft selection window?

Ok, I checked this and when I select N744PM from the list of aircraft and click on Details, the "Tail Number" listed is actually N744RR.

Rob

1 hour ago, vhrob said:

Ok, I checked this and when I select N744PM from the list of aircraft and click on Details, the "Tail Number" listed is actually N744RR.

Change it to N744PM and you'll be fine. Not sure how it got changed. It's fine on my system.

Kyle Rodgers