Sign in to follow this  
capablanca

MADEIRA EVOLUTION FIX

In case anyone gets the same or similar problems

FSX   

Trying to fly out of LPMA with VOX there seemed to be a problem - ATC became "stuck" looped and "failed". No FATAL ERROR though but no continuing ATC.

Examining the BGL with Airport design editor revealed that "TOWER" and "GROUND" had the same frequency. 118.350.

Using ADE I was able to delete the "GROUND" from "LPMA_AFX_OP02.BGL " in    FSX\AEROSOFT\MADEIRAXEVOLUTION\SCENERY.

All fine now. Oh yes, run scenery indexer again after the change.

Anyone want the file if they dont want to mess with ADE just e -mail -  //mod edit - email address removed//

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I do not get a fatal error in this scenery (have on a few other ones) but what I dont get is the AI traffic working. My problem actually is that AI traffic is asking and getting its clearance but does not start to move (you actually cannot even see a beacon light as in other airport when about to start). 

For the incoming traffic, they report final and then just disappear... And actually you can see them way off the approach path and too low.

BTW, looking at the charts I cant see any ground frequency for Madeira, so I assume it is really the same than the tower?

Tower:118.35

Approach:119.2

ATIS:124.4

Regards,

Sergej

Hi Sergej,

Clarification - The problem with my "looping" problem of VOX at Madeira is to do with the "actual" frequencies in the Madeira sim airport , ground and tower are given the same frequency in the sim. The "looping" arises because VOX tries to "read" the different frequencies and gets "confused".

Your AI problem is very different. I think it is common for aircraft to disappear (i think there is also a "timeout" function in FSX.). I tried to fix this for T/O AI at Maedeira but was unsuccessful.

Your AI problem could be related to your AI settings or you make sure all other LPMA scenery is deleted(back up first!).

Good luck

John

No material, including online Jeppesen charts for LPMA show a ground frequency at all. The taxiway network is pretty loopy also in the 3rd party version (in order to mimic the three runway turnarounds and the unusual runway hold points on the apron), but I think that you hit upon a good VOXATC workaround. I've found that just modifying the network with ADE to have more "conventional" runway and taxiway path geometry, fixes both the comm and AI issue without having to delete the ground frequency.

Thank you for the advice . I will give it a try.  

If you could e mail the file to me I would be very grateful as I mess about with lots of bits and pieces but no great depth to any! 

//mod edit - email address removed//

thanks again.

john

Unfortunately my version is for P3d4, let me see what I can do. Also, you should edit your post else scammers will harvest your email address.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to be a dimwit-wheres edit button??

BTW - didnt want you to go to any trouble. I can mess about with it. 

Cheers

After a certain period of time the ability to edit a post stops. PM one of the Mods to edit your post or you may get a lot of spam email.