Sign in to follow this  
EasyPC

Saitek keypad for views

Hi,

After being away from flight sim for a few months I've come across a slight problem when using ChasePlane. After updating to the latest version (exp.) I note that my previous joystick buttons assigned to views no longer work as before. I am using a Saitek Cyborg Command Pad Unit for these views but they no longer work as before UNLESS (and I only found this out by accident) I open Control Panel/Devices and Printers/Saitek Cyborg Command Unit/Game Controller Settings/Saitek Cyborg etc/Properties, then if, and only if, I leave that dialogue open the device works as before. If I don't do this then the device is not recognized as a separate device but as part of the default keyboard. It's not huge a problem really but I was wondering what had changed to necessitate having to keep open the device properties box for it to work as before.

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Was it working on a previous version of Experimental or you switched from Stable to Experimental?

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have always used experimental, never stable.

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Have you tried reassigning them to see if that works?

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Yes, several times. What seems to be happening is that the device is only recognized in CP as a joystick with programmable buttons when the device properties box (as described in my original post) is running. With the device properties  closed CP  recognises the device as the keyboard and as such some of the buttons are recognised as duplicate keyboard keys while other buttons are not recognised at all. As an example the button labeled F1 on the device is recognised as keyboard F1 with the device properties closed and as such a warning is given that it is already assigned in the sim, however with the device properties open the same button is recognised as joystick button number 17 and as such is of course assignable.

Thanks,

Peter.

This most likely has something to do with a Windows Update or a Driver malfunctioning.

Try to search on google for that issue and see if it is common. I do not own the device but let me know if I can be of any further help.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42