Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

O'Hare

Now ORD is an airport I’d love to see FlyTampa or Flightbeam take on.

I have the fsdt version installed but really I don’t know why...it’s so out of date I never fly there...too difficult with runway changes etc.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks, I'm going to uninstall the FSDT version for now and try that.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Yeah, I have MDW and like it a lot

Same here. I prefer O’Hare but it’s crazy that we can’t have FSDT terminals with accurate runways. I now fly all domestics into Midway.

The good news is that Shez Asari (of SunSkyJet) has about to finish a freeware KORD. Obviously not payware quality, and not the same quality as the SSJ KPHL or KDTW (the latter still in the works but getting closer), but it's far better than anything else out there for this must have airport!

Visit the SunSkyJet website for additional information.  If you love his scenery as most everyone does, please consider making a donation to offset his costs. We all think about doing it, but few actually ever do.  Your support is so important to one of the only Freeware Airport Makers left in the FSX/P3D community!

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The good news is that Shez Asari (of SunSkyJet) has about to finish a freeware KORD.

Oh yeah? Nice. I've raided their forum and Facebook and did not find any info on this.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

What, you mean pilots haven't enjoyed using the old FSDT O'Hare X and playing the wonderful game of which ILS freq works with which runway.  lol  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

7 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Oh yeah? Nice. I've raided their forum and Facebook and did not find any info on this.

Well we all have different research skill levels. LOL!  Anyway, that's how I found out about it, and I've provided you with the info you need to as well!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

8 hours ago, Drumcode said:

There must be something wrong with us Jacek.  I did the same thing with the same results.  The only thing a forum search turned up for me was Shez saying he would NOT be doing KORD (along with a few other airports).  Lots on the impending KDTW, but...

Scott

I have never seen anything on SSJ website or Facebook about ORD.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Dave is a beta tester for them so he might have some insider information that we don't.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, simmerhead said:

There's a very good AFCAD of KORD made by John Manley & Clay Brock. It is up to date with all current charts for the airport. Check it out, it's free! 

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=202380

Thanks for pointing it out.  It also includes a version for FSX, which I wouldn't have been aware of otherwise.

Ernest Pergrem

Noticed today at Fly Tampa's KMDW that there was snow blowing across the tarmac...  pretty cool effect that I've never seen before.

Midway is one of my favourite airports.  Love taking a The PMDG 738 in SOuthwest livery out of there.  You can probably count on the layout of Midway not changing too much (pretty boxed in there)

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

4 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Noticed today at Fly Tampa's KMDW that there was snow blowing across the tarmac...  pretty cool effect that I've never seen before.

Midway is one of my favourite airports.  Love taking a The PMDG 738 in SOuthwest livery out of there.  You can probably count on the layout of Midway not changing too much (pretty boxed in there)

Yeah.  Flytampa does that at Buffalo and Toronto as well. Pretty cool

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

The good news is that Shez Asari (of SunSkyJet) has about to finish a freeware KORD. Obviously not payware quality, and not the same quality as the SSJ KPHL or KDTW (the latter still in the works but getting closer), but it's far better than anything else out there for this must have airport!

Visit the SunSkyJet website for additional information.  If you love his scenery as most everyone does, please consider making a donation to offset his costs. We all think about doing it, but few actually ever do.  Your support is so important to one of the only Freeware Airport Makers left in the FSX/P3D community!

Best wishes!

Well this was initially an AFCAD update with a photoreal background (borne out of frustration of my VATSIM Chicago Center controlling where half the pilots had old scenery). I then decided to align all the taxiways to the photoreal so it looks a lot better now. I also put in all the gates and updated the layout to the current with the new cargo to NE.

Here is the link if anyone wants the Beta. I am still working on the cargo buildings.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap6BzLcFirPslsRhTyNZ73ln2mosCw

Will be at AVSIM soon.

Shez

• Upvote 5

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"